• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Shoe Suggestion

Smokin'Sims

Gettin' my nerd on, Hopp Schwiez!
Reaction score
I need a new pair of shoes. I usually get sneakers/tennis shoes, whatever you call them. I just got a new pair of Nike running shoes for working out. However, these are not particularly good for standing around all day at work. I'm looking for a suggestion on a reasonably priced solid shoe for standing up all day. Thanks for the help.

*spelling fixed.

I've had two pairs from these guys so far, and am about to order a third soon---I've found them to be well-made, long lasting, and comfortable.

Propét

~Boar

I always get the Dr. Scholls shoes at wally world. I'm on concrete all day at work and they serve me well. My fav casual shoes are K Swiss

I usually go with New Balance if I have problems with other shoes. They have a wider range of sizes than most.

I purchased a pair of Skechers Shape Ups in the Fall.
I have an arthritic ankle that the doc wants to fuse.
Since wearing these shoes my Motrin consumption has gone to virtualy zero.
These shoes are kind of silly looking but they work well.

I'm very happy with Merrell's, they're very comfortable, extremely durable, and light weight (which makes a big difference if you spend a lot of time on your feet).
thumbs-up.gif

I purchased a pair of Skechers Shape Ups in the Fall.
I have an arthritic ankle that the doc wants to fuse.
Since wearing these shoes my Motrin consumption has gone to virtualy zero.
These shoes are kind of silly looking but they work well.

I'm cuttin' them off of your feet at the next herf, then will proceed to pointing and laughing. You'll wear regular black Converse sneakers like the rebel rockstar bastard you are dammit!

My favorite pharmacobiologist; check out SAS shoes. I've gotten great mileage and happy feet and I was on all concrete surface all day. Price is right at about $120.

This is a good place to add a thank you for stopping by. I enjoyed the herf and the Tenfidy. Most off all I thought we had some great conversations. I wish you success in the lab.

Regards;

Da Pugman

Doc Marten's / Tread Air. Hard to beat a good solid punk shoe that was developed for English factory workers who stand on their feet all day. I usually go for the more outlandish styles (embroidered dragons, good and evil, etc.) but they have some tame ones too.

What kind of work do you do?

If it's more of a business setting, try purchasing a pair of nice leather soled shoes (Allen-Edmonds, Alden, Crocket & Jones, Alfred Sargent...the list goes on and on). Even though a pair will cost you $300-500+, with proper care they will last you at least a decade, guaranteed.

I'm very happy with Merrell's, they're very comfortable, extremely durable, and light weight (which makes a big difference if you spend a lot of time on your feet).
thumbs-up.gif

x2. I've had a few pairs of them. Comfortable and light. I tend to go more for the hiking shoe and less for the athletic sneaker and I've had success with Merrell, North Face, and Timberland in the past few years. I have slightly narrower feet and find some makes tend to slip in the heel alot.