• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Tatuaje "wolfman" halloween LE

The "chase" threads are annoying, just like inevitable "pete's a money whore" followons every year.

The Monster series is just another way of Pete grabbing a quick dollar to support his first growth Bordeaux habit.

What's the back story on this Jay?

More an opinion than anything else. The guy is constantly putting out limited releases regardless of quality, and has even gone so far as to rush things out where the packaging wasn't ready (Drac, and Black tubo paint problems.) These things smell of money grab to me. Couple that with the fact he buys first growth Bordeaux futures like I buy beer and I come to that conclusion. As I said it's my opinion and I avoid these releases like the plague.

So I'm assuming you're in for 2 boxes of the Wolfman to go with your collection of Franks, Dracs, Faces, and Boris'?

You want me to give you all my Tats when I see you on Thursday? I'm pretty sure I have 1 lying around somewhere if I look hard enough.

Not sure why people get so up in arms about various cigar manufacturers producing LEs and HTF cigars. People want them and chase them therefore it makes good business sense. I find I chase them less now than when I first got into cigars, but I still like getting and smoking a HTF. What do you want the guy to make regular cigars and do nothing interesting or new. Not really trying to defend Pete, but don't see that there is a need to EFF the guy.
Look at it this way; If I wanted a box of Padron Family Reserve 45's, I could order one today. Those smokes have aged, rare, hand selected tobacco in them and are probably one of the finest smokes money can buy. You have to hunt a little, but the bottom line is I could buy them all day long. Now, Pete (Pepin, really) knows how to make a good smoke, but what reason is there to come out with something that you only make a few boxes of, once a year, other than to drive the price to the moon?

And folks will slurp them up as hard and fast as Pete can crank them out. Amazing.....

Like I said, I don't have any hard core Tat hate going on, but his marketing ploys seem obvious to me. Yes, I'll buy and smoke his nice brown label sticks but chase and pay for the "rare" HTF crazy stuff...?? Pass....

JMHO - B.B.S.

EFF that guy and his L E stuff.

It's just too much BS to go through for something you are going to light on fire. I wish he'd just make more than 666 boxes.

I am not getting into the rest of the conversation, but for the Wolfman, along with the 666 "Dress Boxes" of 13 cigars, Tatuaje is also releasing 1300 simple boxes of 10 (individual cellophaned) Wolf in each one, plain boxes that just say "Tatuaje Halloween 2011 No. 4" Just like he did with the Face...If you are counting, that is a total of 21,658 "Wolf" cigars released, as opposed to 8,658 cigars of the Frank and 16, 900 for the Drac...

Anyone who wanted to buy a box of Face had absolutely no problems getting them, if they knew how to use a phone (in fact, there are still some for sale at a few stores)...

~brooks

Seems I have started quite the thread here, lol. I know my B&M here in Denver moves a lot of tatuaje stuff and I enjoy the chase looking for LE's. The regular stuff is just that, regular, I love hunting down short runs and LE's.

Also I will agree that the padron anniversary line is amazing, I'm a big fan of the 44th maduro but the price per stick on that against the wolfman or even the singualre is quite a bit different. The singulares here in Denver were about $12 a piece, the padron anniversary lines start at $28, the cigar tax here in Denver is insane. I imagine the wolfman to be somewhere in the 12-15 dollar range.

It's just too much BS to go through for something you are going to light on fire. I wish he'd just make more than 666 boxes.

I am not getting into the rest of the conversation, but for the Wolfman, along with the 666 "Dress Boxes" of 13 cigars, Tatuaje is also releasing 1300 simple boxes of 10 (individual cellophaned) Wolf in each one, plain boxes that just say "Tatuaje Halloween 2011 No. 4" Just like he did with the Face...If you are counting, that is a total of 21,658 "Wolf" cigars released, as opposed to 8,658 cigars of the Frank and 16, 900 for the Drac...

Anyone who wanted to buy a box of Face had absolutely no problems getting them, if they knew how to use a phone (in fact, there are still some for sale at a few stores)...

~brooks

That was my experience last year. Contacted one of the fine retailer's here on CP and was told I was pretty sure for a plain box, made 2 phone calls and picked up another.

I wish my store could get these. I was a little let down by the Face, but from what I here these are amazing!!!!

Not sure why people get so up in arms about various cigar manufacturers producing LEs and HTF cigars. People want them and chase them therefore it makes good business sense. I find I chase them less now than when I first got into cigars, but I still like getting and smoking a HTF. What do you want the guy to make regular cigars and do nothing interesting or new. Not really trying to defend Pete, but don't see that there is a need to EFF the guy.
Look at it this way; If I wanted a box of Padron Family Reserve 45's, I could order one today. Those smokes have aged, rare, hand selected tobacco in them and are probably one of the finest smokes money can buy. You have to hunt a little, but the bottom line is I could buy them all day long. Now, Pete (Pepin, really) knows how to make a good smoke, but what reason is there to come out with something that you only make a few boxes of, once a year, other than to drive the price to the moon?

And folks will slurp them up as hard and fast as Pete can crank them out. Amazing.....

Like I said, I don't have any hard core Tat hate going on, but his marketing ploys seem obvious to me. Yes, I'll buy and smoke his nice brown label sticks but chase and pay for the "rare" HTF crazy stuff...?? Pass....

JMHO - B.B.S.

I totally agree with you. I also understand why the guy does it. And sometimes he does come up with some good stuff.

We actually started a joke about Pete and his smokes last night at my B&M, the guy has quite a following and I can see why.

Pete is an idea guy. So he thinks up the Halloween series, the Butcher series, the fng whatever. All the hype is created by customers. I agree with those who think it's silly to chase this stuff. None of these cigars are 'that' much better than any of his regular releases. Some of them aren't better at all, but the market determines the price and people keep getting in line to buy them. Whatever. Who fng cares? There's little point in hating on the dude though. That's just as silly. I'll smoke a Tat any fng day of the week, and I'll stop smoking them when Pete abuses kids or steals from my home. Give me a break.

Edit: Actually, there are of course exceptions. The much ridiculed Pork Tenderloin is a fantastic smoke. That blend evolved into the Barclays 90th/100th (whatever it was) which was also worth a little chasing.

I've gotten a fiver of Dracs and one Face through my local B&M, but . . . I don't chase these releases at all. Now, if he'd put out another jar release of Black Labels, THAT I would chase.

~Boar

When he started with the Frank, and the Boris, they were both good smokes. Pete was actually in DC right before Halloween so I was able to try em before the 31st. That being said, my favorite tatuaje's have to be the black cg and the brown label havana cazadores. The LE"s have a certain "cool" factor but not any better than his regular brown line. I think it would be great if all the LE"s that come out (not only tatuaje but Viaje, Room 101 etc) are actually really different blends rather than being so similar to the regular blends. The Drac we decent and the Face was ok, all my "bands" fell off while smoking the face. It must be the box why these things sell out in hours lol, though I was diappointed that the Wolfman is using the same box as the Frank. Thing is you have to buy a box if you have a chance as you don't have time to buy one, try it and buy more if you want. Lately, they always seem to be for sale on the boards so no worries if you don't score immediately, you'll always be able to find em within a short period of time after they go on sale. G1

....this. I dig the brown labels and will try the new stuff that just came out, but chasing the "LE" sticks is just crazy.

More power to you guys that enjoy the chase....not me.

Agreed x1000

tired of the hype, the 'special release' status and so on. Focus on making a smaller line of better cigars IMO. Tat's are great, but too much focus on the 'fancy LE' stuff can lead to a fall in regular quality.

I know for a fact that my B&M here in Denver will be getting more than one box. I can't wait to smoke this thing. Halloween is by far my fav holiday!

If anyone would like to possibly set up a buy let me know, I am in pretty good with the shop manager here. Just send a PM to my in box and when I talk to him again I will see if I can get a box and charge accordingly

What shop might that be... :Curious Look:

Agreed x1000

tired of the hype, the 'special release' status and so on. Focus on making a smaller line of better cigars IMO. Tat's are great, but too much focus on the 'fancy LE' stuff can lead to a fall in regular quality.

Try the Faustos, Jim.

Just what the cigar industry needs, more LE's.

Hopefully the boxes are completely dried this time... :D

word on the street is the Pete released the "unlucky 13" list yesterday. . .
Just putting it out there for all those, like me, that "love the chase". Good luck
Mwaaauhahhahahaa

Pretty sure my local won't get them....

Here are the details from Tatuaje's Facebook page:

Monster List....
Here is the Unlucky 13 list for 2011. These 13 retailers will receive 31 Coffin (13 count) boxes and 13 plain (10 count) boxes on or before October 13, 2011. All remaining Tatuaje retailers that place an order will be receiving (10 count) plain boxes before Halloween.

Havana Connections
Richmond, VA
804-364-5711

Casa de Montecristo
Countryside, IL
708-352-6668

Rain City Cigars
Seattle, WA
206-767-3619

Castro's Back Room
Nashua, NH
603-881-7703

Belle Meade Premium Cigars
Nashville, TN
615-297-7963

Holt's Cigar Company
Philadelphia, PA
215-732-8500

Tinder Box #208
Charlotte, NC
704-366-5164

Monte's Pueblo Pipe Shop
Albuquerque,NM
505-881-7999

Pheasant Cigars
Las Vegas, NV
702-368-1700

Ruben's Smoke Stack
Hackensack, NJ
201-498-0332

Just For Him
Springfield, MO
417-886-8380

Good Karma Cigar
Amarillo, TX
806-373-8116

Gloucester Street Cigars
Boston, MA
617-424-1000

Just called Castros which is local to me and am on a call list for a dress box. Hope this goes right.