• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to cigars,looking for tips.

justasking

Hello!
I bought some cheap cigars (a Punch in a metal box(sorry can't remember anything else about it) and a few Louis Martines Robusto) and I am eager to try them. Can you please give me some tips on how to make this more enjoyable, because this is my first time smoking a cigar. Has anyone tried the cigars i have? What can I eat/drink to make the experience more plesurable? Do you have a favourite song to listen to while smoking? I am familiar with the process of cutting a cigar and lightning it, I know I don't have to inhale the smoke and just enjoy its taste. Any other tips please! :)

Tips? Enjoy the moment it's all about that (IMO), then fill out your profil, post an intro and then take the time to walk around the community, read and have fun !

You should post an into.
I enjoy cigars with almost everything I do, but I would recommend smoking with other people. The conversations with other cigar smokers are enjoyable.
Welcome to CP.

Ian

Thank you for your opinions. Has anyone smoked a Punch or a Louis Martines Robusto? Any tips on how to get most out of these?

I think you mean Luis Martinez Cigars, their prices are very inexpensive for boxes or bundles from what I can gather on their website. Haven't tried one. The only other non cuban Punch worth mentioning is the Gran Puro line IMHO.

Tips? Just relax for the time it takes to smoke the cigar, a rushed cigar will not give back a favorable experience.

Thank you all for your opinions. I will be glad if more of you share them. If someone has smoked those cigars (the Punch and the Luis Martines Robusto) please tell me anything you can.Please keep giving me your tips i find them very useful. If anyone can give me their technique on lightning smokin or cutting a cigar please share it :)

I've never heard of Luis martinez cigars. I did a quick google search for reviews and found that the majority said they weren't good (but cheap).
Non Cuban Punch cigars are horrible imho.

Jason

Hey brother, welcome! The policy around here is to make sure you've filled out your profile a bit so we can get to know you and to post an intro in the introduce yourself forum.

As far as tips, again as everyone has said, enjoy it, take your time. If you have burn issues or flavor issues don't throw in the towel. Sometimes you get duds, sometimes you're trying to rush the experience. It takes time to develop your palate and to find the method of smoking that works best for you.

Heres the link to the intro forum. Make sure you read all of the rules too.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/forum/34-introduce-yourself-here/

edit: add link.

Thank you all for your opinions. I will be glad if more of you share them. If someone has smoked those cigars (the Punch and the Luis Martines Robusto) please tell me anything you can.Please keep giving me your tips i find them very useful. If anyone can give me their technique on lightning smokin or cutting a cigar please share it :)

Just friendly advice, but you're waaaaaay over-thinking it. Cut it, light it, smoke it. Enjoy. Rinse, repeat.

As far as the Punch cigar line (never tried the other one) the NC version are so so but the CC version with a bit of age can be a very nice smoke

Just friendly advice, but you're waaaaaay over-thinking it. Cut it, light it, smoke it. Enjoy. Rinse, repeat.

I would agree that you are over-thinking the process of smoking a cigar. Everyone has their own rituals of how they best enjoy a cigar. I know I like to sit outside on my back porch with a nice cup of coffee and listen to some music on my laptop. Talk about relaxing after a hard day's work or before a late shift. Long story short, I enjoy smoking cigars just about anywhere, what kills the experience though is when a cigar burns poorly and I am constantly fussing with keeping an even burn.

You need to go to a place you are comfortable in, light up your stick, downshift to a slower gear and relax and enjoy. No rules. Just savor the cigar. Maybe share the time with another newb that you turn on to a stick. Talk about your experience, have something to drink. Enjoy!

Good advice here. My buddy is new to the leaf and is over anxious about finding the right cigar, learning the etiquette and so forth. For me it's about the experience. Where I was, who I was with. The cigar just adds to the memory.

X2 what Jason said about the NC Punch cigars, my first crappy non enjoyable smoke was a Honduran Punch. Now my only CC Punch was a Punch Punch, which was one hell of a great smoke IMHO. Take time to enjoy and welcome!

C

X2 what Jason said about the NC Punch cigars, my first crappy non enjoyable smoke was a Honduran Punch. Now my only CC Punch was a Punch Punch, which was one hell of a great smoke IMHO. Take time to enjoy and welcome!

C