• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New to the board

smokers only

Hello everyone,A friend of mine told me about the site so i stopped by. I just bought a smoke shop and i know nothing about cigars! :( the place has a nice size walk in humidor,iam going to try and learn as much as i can and do it fast! I am sure ill have lots of questions,but iam going to do some searching before i start asking...

-matt

Welcome to CP Matt. You came to the right place. You'll learn a lot here.

Enjoy :)

welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Sounds like you've got lots of post reading to do, have fun!

Scott

Wow that's the spirit. Jump'n right in. I was thinking about buying a smoke shop but didn't think I knew enough about the subject...you're my idle.

This is the place to learn all there is to learn. The crew here is great. They have vast knowledge on the subject and are very welcoming to newbies.

If you don't mind me asking, what inspired the purchase?

AJ

Welcome to CP - your new home away from home!
Very exciting to hear about the smoke shop. Will you be offering CP Brother specials?

[Shamless Promotion On]
When you're ready to create a website for your shop, shoot me an email - I'll hook you up!
[Shamless Promotion Off]

Dave :D

Welcome to CP Matt.
You'll gain lots of knowledge about cigars in this place.
You found a great site.

Welcome to CP! If you put some info into your profile you might even get a visit to your shop from some of the members :)

Thank you very much everyone for the warm welcome!!! to anwser all the questions you have asked, Iam only 22 years old and ive been looking to buy a business for the past year.I came across this and i fell in love.My family owns many business and my parents wanted to get me off to the right start,having my very own! :) I know alot about what ill be selling but dont know nothing about cigars... I havent got into the place yet,i will be in there in the next 4 weeks.I will update my profile at that time,many of you who live in the area are welcome to come take a look.

Davewf - Of course i will give cp specials once i get in there and get to know what going on and get my feet wet! and about the web site, that would be great! Ive been thinking of setting one up but it would just be way to hard for me to set it up the way i would want it. If you are for real about that i might just have to take you up on that.

-matt
p.s. sorry that this post is so long

Welcome to the "Best Cigar Pass" Site on the Net!

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Welcome Matt!!

Sounds to me like you're off to a good start. If your parents own many businesses, they would not have recommended that you buy this if they didn't think it was worth it. I'd love to own a cigar shop but I wouldn't know a good business deal from a bad one and I'd probably lose my shirt :p To me, knowledge of cigars is secondary and you'll pick that up as time goes on.

I would definately get a web site up and running as soon as you can. I have a friend who owns a shop here in Connecticut and he tells me that his internet sales are a BIG part of his business, especially when he can get his hands on the hard-to-get domestics like Padron Anniversario Maduros, Ashton VSG's, Opus xXx, etc.

Good luck and please let us know what area you're in.