• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New wineador for hubby from a non-cigar smoker

txpeach

As I said in my introduction, I'm setting up a new wineador for my husband for father's day.  I've ordered the New Air 28 bottle AW281E.  It's due to arrive in a few days. I've also ordered some shelves and drawers from Wineador.com which should arrive in a week or so.  In addition I've ordered 2 lbs. of Heartfelt beads, 2 digital hygrometers with calibration kit.  I know I need to clean our the cooler and let it air out for several days. 

My question is, how to season this set up properly.  I was thinking I should wait for the drawer/shelves to arrive before I start since I think they will absorb a lot of moisture.

1) Do I calibrate my hygrometers before or after seasoning?
2) Do I use a bowl of distilled water in addition to the beads?
3) How long do I let everything season before he can start adding cigars? He wants to put loose cigars and boxes in it.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Peggy

1) You can calibrate them now.

2) You can, the water will help season the shelves and drawers and help charge the beads (make sure you only use distilled water). I'd wait until everything got to you and then start.

3) Wait until your desired RH has stabilized. This may take a week or more.

WOW what a gift! Great job! post pics after its all up and running. (once you give it to him and he fills it up!)

wkoti said:

(once you give it to him and he fills it up!)
:laugh:

I didnt mean once he goes out and purchases sticks to fill it. I just ment, once he transfers over some of his stock. So we can see some "stocked pics".

But I get your comment now - wkoti (hahahaha thanks for the clarification)

Everyone gets a little giddy when a lady is around... LOL

Nice work Peggy your husband owes you big time! Jonesy covered everything!

Tell your husband he should cruse the site he may want to join the CP community!

Paul

Ok, I didn't use the search function for this question, but I think it is worth asking on this thread.

Inside a wineador with aspirated shelves, should it be cello or no cello?

Juanote said:
Ok, I didn't use the search function for this question, but I think it is worth asking on this thread.

Yes.

Well, I was hoping to be showing pictures of the filled wineador for my next post but it didn't work out that way.  The New Air arrived a few weeks ago and I cleaned it and let it sit open awaiting the drawers & shelves I ordered to arrive.  We just received the shipping confirmation that the drawers  had shipped, so decided to hook up the wineador in anticipation.  No luck...simply doesn't work.  I will have to say that New Air's customer service is great.  Very nice and helpful.  They will be cross-shipping us a new one and paying the freight back. We've already repacked it and took it to Fed Ex.  Our plans have been slightly delayed but as soon as we get it up and filled, I will post some pics.

Thanks for all the help from this board. Y'all are the best!

Sorry to hear it was DOA.
I will say that I'm happy to hear New Air's Customer Service is good.
I purchased one a few months ago & fortunately it has been working fantastically since.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the new one gets setup without hassles, I'm confident your husband will get good use out of it.

Best Regards!!

Juanote said:

If you're going to impress us with your vocabulary, perhaps you should look up the definition first.

Doc

Devil Doc said:

If you're going to impress us with your vocabulary, perhaps you should look up the definition first.

Doc
I guess my choice of words was aspirated.

I never thought there was much chance of impressing you, Doc, but the word I should have used was "ventilated."

Yeah, the cello question in general is a running joke, but I'm curious about the answer here if anyone wants to share their opinion. With the moisture and ventilation problems in a shelved coolerdor, this seems like a case where the answer might actually matter.

Juanote said:

Doc
I guess my choice of words was aspirated.

I never thought there was much chance of impressing you, Doc, but the word I should have used was "ventilated."

Yeah, the cello question in general is a running joke, but I'm curious about the answer here if anyone wants to share their opinion. With the moisture and ventilation problems in a shelved coolerdor, this seems like a case where the answer might actually matter.

You've already gotten your answer.  If you're not satisfied with the answer provided, perhaps you should put forth the effort and do a search of your own.

I'm satisfied with anything anyone wants to say including criticism or nothing at all. I'm here to learn and have a few laughs, hopefully without being too annoying. After my question I did do some searching but so far have found no guidance. My question was meant to be half joking as I realize this is a minor issue that is considered very 'noob', but it is something I'm curious about, since it looks like I'm going to need to create a setup similar to what was described in the OP. I spend 2/3 of my life away from home and will be dependent on something that can be left alone for a month or longer at a time. Anybody that feels like being helpful is cordially invited to do so.

You'll probably be alright, if you stop trying to be funny and show a little respect for those who came before you. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll just be another 90 day wonder.

Doc