• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Year Pass

Ok, where is this pass? Did it pass me by?

oh, we're waiting on some for sticks....

Does the cold temperatures during shipping effect the cigar? It get's close to freezing in some parts.

Gunpowder said:
One of the reasons I wanted to put the inventories of the Passes I am in on my web site was so newbies can learn the value of different cigars and make it easier for them to make T/P decisions.

Even the FMAG's have PM'd me saying that this price is that and that price is this. Raised alot of discussion on MSRP vs. retail. I have seen a lot of cigars I have never seen before listed and I have been smoking since early 1990's.

I hope it helps someone.

This Pass's inventory is in Gunpowder's Smoke Room. See link below.
Hey come back. Well work you through it. God's knows I need help :p

Nice job on the inventory site, Gunpowder! This is really going to help, thanks! :thumbs:

Do you post parallel to the what was taken the PUTS and their prices too?

OK, once again we are FULL.

1. Shuji (TX)
2. roboref (NM)
3. Backslide420 (CO)
4. Bat Chief (WA)
5. Big Slim Junior (MN)
6. davela (MN)
7. WrenchASE (WI)
8. Snowdust (MI)
9. Gunpowder (IN)
10. Bobbyson1a (NJ)
11. Lumberg (MD)
12. blair (VA)
13. Big100HD (VA)
14. gr8full2day (GA)
15. Cigah_smoka (FL)
16. geldor1 (FL)
17. Triple D (LA)

The cigars should be in this Friday the 9th and I will have the pass on the road on the 10th or 12th. Either way Shuji will have them by the 13th.

Big100HD said:
Does the cold temperatures during shipping effect the cigar? It get's close to freezing in some parts.
The cold is better than the heat :D
It will be inside or in the back of a truck so it should be just fine

Bat_Chief said:
Do you post parallel to the what was taken the PUTS and their prices too?[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Before Tripple_D ships the box he should have the current inventory numbered to correlate with the list he posted. Example:The 5 Vega Corona should have a number 1 on it . You can use paper and paper glue or scoth tape to fabricate a band or other method. Several of you may have recieved Bombs with the cigars numbered.

I think the following will answer your question Bat Chief. When a person has completed his takes/puts he will post on this thread the information including the numbers he took and the ones he placed adding them as new numbers at the bottom. (make sure the new cigars have the corrlating numbers on them via a paper band.

Here is an actual post from another Pass I am in for example:
-----
Ok fellas, here they are:

TAKES:
1 Nat Sherman tin (Jolly, got something in there for you)
#89 Opus X Petit Lancero
#50 AF Hemingway Untold Story
#44 AF Hemingway Best Seller
#34 Padron 3000
#35 Padron Londres
#72 PSD #4 (ISOM)
#66 Cohiba Siglo III (ISOM)
#76 Bolivar Petit Corona (ISOM)
#69 Ramon Allones Specially Selected (ISOM)
#59 Montecristo No.4 (ISOM)

PUTS:

#90 AF Anejo #46
#91 Padron 1964 Monarca Maduro
#92 AF Hemingway Work of Art
#93 CAO MX2 Toro
#94 Sosa Brevas
#95 Industrial Press Supreme by Drew Estate
#96 HDM Double Corona (ISOM)
#97 VR Don Alejandro (ISOM)
#98 VR Famosos ECA UECC (ISOM)
#99 Cuaba Exclusivos BM NNSU (ISOM)
#100 Cuaba Exclusivos BM NNSU (ISOM)
I hope these puts are good enough

Oh, I also put the goodies into a smaller box for a more "snug" fit and added some large Humidi-packs to the three bags for extra freshness. The smokes were a little dry.

----
Ok, I take the information and remove the take information from the list (leaving only the number) and add the new numbers at the bottom of the list. I then try to find MSRP prices for as many of the new items as possible to help the next guys.

You can look here to see an actual Pass list in progress:
http://www.kconline.com/potawatomi/cigars/allhumidor/

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Got it, thanks GP, I'm stoked! (Stoked: Adverb; A term used in the early 80's by posers who thougt they were in the 60's but too young to have actually lived there. Often followed in a sentence by the noun "dude".

Next week, we define the term "thread padding".

Can you say "thread padding", boys and girls??

Bat_Chief!!

VERY good, I knew you could!! :D

Bat_Chief said:
Got it, thanks GP, I'm stoked! (Stoked: Adverb; A term used in the early 80's by posers who thougt they were in the 60's but too young to have actually lived there. Often followed in a sentence by the noun "dude".

Next week, we define the term "thread padding".

Can you say "thread padding", boys and girls??

Bat_Chief!!

VERY good, I knew you could!! :D

I still say "stoked" sometimes! I used to say it A LOT in the learly 90s. It was skater lingo.

For some reason lately people say "geeked up" a lot to mean super excited.

The last sticks made it in today and I'll post the tracker # tomorrow :D

The #'s are on each cigar baggy and I have enclosed a list also.

Do you post parallel to the what was taken the PUTS and their prices too?
I think he was asking you Gunpowder if you were going to post the puts on the page you made with there prices.

Ok guys here's how it works:

The pass host includes a form in the pass box that has the first 30 or so spaces filled up and lots and lots of extra space to add your puts. There might be columns that say "Number," "Cigar," "Put by," "Taken By." The taken by column will be entirely blank when it leaves the host.

You get the pass. You put your name in the "Taken by" column for the sticks you take. You then start adding to the end of the list for your puts. So lets say the pass host had 30 cigars in there, and you get the pass, take three cigars, and put three. Your cigar will be #s 31, 32, and 33. You pack up the box and send it on. Now there are 33 cigars on the list but there are three "gaps" in the list that will never be filled.

Got it?

This pass is a little different from a normal pass in that Gunpowder has VERY GENEROUSLY offered to keep a running inventory of the sticks online. So he is saying that Triple D should post the exact lineup and numbers before the box ships, so he can enter it onto his website. This way, we all can see with a single click the exact contents of the pass and who put/took what. Rather than having to read back through all the posts to figure it all out. Gunpowder will include what prices he can. It is the duty of the participants of the pass to inform him of the prices and rarity of the sticks. One thing we have to be careful of here is the basis for the price. Some may use MSRP, some may use the box price at JR, etc. We need to be consistent, and maybe even note the source of the price next to the number. Cos someone might say "oh that cigar is available for $3.50 at JRs" for one of their takes and then turn around and say "I paid $4 for this stick at my local tobacconist," where the state tobacco tax is like 20% and the price is way above MSRP. (JR generally sells their cigars at 10+% below MSRP)

Hope this all makes sense, and some of the details may be different (like the exact format of the sheet Triple D puts in) but the general idea is there.

Explained very well.

What I do in a scense is duplication of the list in the box but it permits the next person or two in line the opportunity to begin his consideration of takes/puts before he even has the box in his posession.

Also it is an educational tool since I try to get prices listed as well so anyone including newbees will have an easier time selecting the choices. The pricing system isn't perfict but it is a guideline. The Host is the best bet for final approval.

I had a great list typed up, but my computer is on the fritz and I couldn't print it so I bought a notebook with colums and wrote it all in. Not as nice as I would have liked but I had no other way and it will work the same just not typed. All of you guys have been such a great help I know this will go without a hitch. Have Fun

Them Dang Cajuns...

Boudreaux and Thibodeaux wanted to go out drinking, but they only had $2.00 between them. Boudreaux said "Hang on, I have an idea." He went next door to the butcher's shop and came out with one large sausage.

Thibodeaux said, "Are you crazy? Now we don't have any money left at all".

Boudreaux replied, "Don't worry - just follow me."

They went into the pub where Boudreaux immediately ordered two double shot of Jack Daniels. Thibodeaux said, "Now you've lost it. Do you know how much trouble we will be in? We haven't got any money to pay for this!!"

Boudreaux replied, with a smile "Don't worry, I have a plan. Cheers!"
They downed their drinks.

Boudreaux said "OK, I'll stick the sausage through my zipper and you go on your knees and put it in your mouth." Said and done, the barman noticed them, went berserk and threw them out.

They continued this, bar after bar, getting more and more drunk all for free. At the tenth pub Thibodeaux said, "Boudreaux - I don't think I can do this anymore. My mouth is sore and my knees are killin' me!"

Boudreaux said, "How do you think I feel? I lost the sausage in the third bar!"

Shuji said:
RECIEVED!!

This is BY FAR the best packing I have ever seen!

Working on puts and takes now!
Duane does work for Fed Ex and he know 1st hand what they do to boxes they are to deliver :)

Back