• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NewAir AWC-330E wine-adore build

diapanos

Banned
Wine cooler just came today
DSC00788 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

DSC00789 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

DSC00790 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

DSC00792 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

DSC00793 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

After cleaning inside with baking soda & distilled water
I'm hoping I'll be able to route the temperature probe for the Johnson Controls thermostat through the hole that rubber gasket is covering at back.
If I'm really lucky I'll be able to run the power cables for my fans through there to (Whenever I get them)

DSC00794 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

Rinsed out, dried and extra baking sada placed inside.

Don't have the Heartfelt beads yet (1/28)

or the Johnson Controls thermostat (1/23)

Baking soda didn't get rid of the plastic smell so I wiped it down again with bleach water put the shelves & baking soda
back inside with the door cracked.
I'll shut it all the way tomorrow & see what happens.
Rinsed it down again with distilled water and dried it off and plastic smell seems to be gone.
I'll leave the three baking sodas in there until I get my beads.
That should get rid of any residual odors that I didn't notice.

Looks great, looking forward to a review once it's up and running....

DSC00793 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

What I thought was just an indentation across from the hole the power cable comes out of is actually another hole.
The temperature probe for the Johnson Controls thermostat should hopefully fit through there.

Are you talking about that little hole on the right? That's the drainage hole for the condensation. You might able to put the temperature probe through it but if you end up drilling a new hole then you have to plug the drainage hole.

whylieineedacigar said:
Are you talking about that little hole on the right? That's the drainage hole for the condensation. You might able to put the temperature probe through it but if you end up drilling a new hole then you have to plug the drainage hole.

I should have known that was too good to be true.
Might end up drilling a third hole for the temperature probe then.

Try using that hole before you drill a new one! You need to plug the drainage hole to prevent the humidity from escaping through it anyways so might as well use it if you can.

whylieineedacigar said:
Try using that hole before you drill a new one! You need to plug the drainage hole to prevent the humidity from escaping through it anyways so might as well use it if you can.

Black electrical tape works great for that.

bfreebern said:

You should know hamster boy!

bfreebern said:

That's exactly what I used. I also placed a one pound bag of beads on top of it to catch whatever condensation is formed.

whylieineedacigar said:

That's exactly what I used. I also placed a one pound bag of beads on top of it to catch whatever condensation is formed.

Yep, exactly what I did, but I placed my beads in a container in case of any pooling of condensation.
jfields said:

Why you judging NOW?  You didn't have any complaints before.

bfreebern said:

Yep, exactly what I did, but I placed my beads in a container in case of any pooling of condensation.

jfields said:

Why you judging NOW?  You didn't have any complaints before.

HA! :sign: I openly guffawed a little...or maybe it was gas.

-Trey

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/other/cedar-trays/cedar-cigar-tray-with-divider.html
41a1SIvKtoL.jpg

4 Spanish cedar trays on the way

Only problems so far -
When the JC stat turns off the cooler it comes back on set to Celsius
and it doesn't reset to its lowest temperature.
It resets to something like 60ºF

DSC00798 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

Wire for the Johnson Controls temperature probe coming out of the drain hole.

DSC00799 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

I originally had the probe taped to the back. BIG mistake. The back is MUCH colder than the rest of the unit.
So I settled on this. I left enough slack so that I can still pull the shelf out if when needed with out pulling on the probe's cable.

diapanos said:
Only problems so far -
When the JC stat turns off the cooler it comes back on set to Celsius
and it doesn't reset to its lowest temperature.
It resets to something like 60ºF
As long as the wineador's default temp when it comes back on is lower than the temp your JC controller is set at I don't see a problem.
The JC controller is setting the temperature that the unit turns back on at, so as long as it starts cooling when it turns back on your are good!