• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NewAir AWC-330E wine-adore build

Vinegar seemed to work the best for getting the plastic smell out.
And a couple of rinses with distilled water got rid of the vinegar smell.
Bleach didn't really seem to help much.

Baking soda & distilled water didn't do &#$@.

I think for my next cooler I'll try mixing vinegar & baking soda.

This is probably the only cedar I'll be putting in here
DSC00800 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

After I tried i found out that the shelves from my foot locker don't fit after all. They're about 1/4 inch too wide. The protrusion that holds the shelves doesn't go all the way to the edge of the frame.

DSC00801 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

Had to order three individual fan power cords. This three connector cord isn't long enough :(

Once I connnected the JC and let it run for a while it dropped to 55%.

edit - I just checked the JC and I had it at a crazy low temp (50°).
Probably why the humidity
dropped so low.
Reset it to 65º

Temperature seems to be holdimg
steady at about 64°. Rh seems to be holding steady at 74%.
Which should be fine since It's gonna drop some when I start
adding cigars.

Nice tread, thanks for the pictures and updates...

It's making me want to head a similar direction...

Looking good!  The humidity level should drop when you get some cigars in there and or with a little time.

Because of my environment here in IN (which should be close to yours), during my build I never did plug the drain hole.  It has not had any condensation that I have found and the RH has remained stable.

Looking forward to seeing your next couple steps.

Still fighting the Rh blues.
Rh keeps stabilizing at 63% and I've already got nearly 2lbs of 65% beads in there.
Maybe I should have gotten 70% beads.

Or maybe I should have gone with active humidification like I originally intended.

I think I'm gonna unplug this thing and just use it like a regular humidor.
Last time I checked Rh had dropped down to 53%

From my reading, it seems RH swings are the norm with a wine-adore setup.  Most advise storing the cigars in boxes to protect from this.  Maybe you should throw some empty boxes in it now to help stabilize everything.

oke&coke said:
From my reading, it seems RH swings are the norm with a wine-adore setup.  Most advise storing the cigars in boxes to protect from this.  Maybe you should throw some empty boxes in it now to help stabilize everything.

I've had 5 empty Spanish cedar shelves in there for the past 3 or 4 days.
Shouldn't that be enough?

The boxes wouldn't be just to store moisture but to take up empty space.  Less air to humidify.

DSC00810 by thrynokrates, on Flickr

Screw it!
If I can't get the Rh to stay at something decent I'll just unplug the damn thing and use it like a regular humidor.
Just checked & Rh had dropped to 40%

I'm still unsure why you went with beads. IMHO they don't work well in a big humidor. I use beads in my humidor as a buffer, not as a primary humidification source. Active is the most efficient if you have the $$$ to spend on it.