• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newb ranking of cigars

AndyRN

So I have only had a handful of cigars but have definitley developed a list of fyou tavorites. Let me know what you think.

1. La Herencia--these started out spicy but turned into a creamy smooth texture
2. La Herencia Oscuro Fuente
3. 5 Vegas Gold--Pleasently surprised by this CI brand, very mild but lots of flavor.
4. Padron 1926- I see why these are so popular.
5. Cohiba Red Dot ---seems like a lot of people find them over rated but I enjoyed it and it burned nicely.
6. 5 Vegas AAA
7. Graycliff Turbo
8. MOW ruination

Didn't care for these
1 Diesel -Had two different types didn't care for either. One of them had noticibly more tobacco to one side of the smoke then the other and burned terribly. The both seemed loosly packed with tobacco and just seemed cheap.
2. AlecBradley 2nds from CI--Didn't care for the flavor and I have not been able to keep any of hem lit. I know they are seconds but it is just supposed to be blemishes, nothing affecting taste.

I think I lean toward the milder smokes, or smokes that start spicy but don't stay that way for very long.

You might try RyJ Reserva Reals. When I first started with cigars these were one of my favorites.

I still have one time to time. They are generally mild, well made and burn well. IMHO.

I've not tried any on your favs list.

I can see you changing that list soon if you start to hang around here. :whistling:

It won't be long until the only cigar still on the list will be the 1926. :laugh:

Here's a few of my favorites that I think will match the flavor profile you are looking for. They also won't break the bank as well, which is always a good thing.

Arturo Fuente 858 maduros
La Aroma de Cuba corona
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature

Check them out, if you get the chance you will not be dissapointed.

Regards,

Pete

I only see one on that list I would buy/smoke, but that's why everyone here says "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke"

Here's a few of my favorites that I think will match the flavor profile you are looking for. They also won't break the bank as well, which is always a good thing.

Arturo Fuente 858 maduros
La Aroma de Cuba corona
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature

Check them out, if you get the chance you will not be dissapointed.

Regards,

Pete

Good stuff in those cigars. :thumbs:

So I have only had a handful of cigars but have definitley developed a list of fyou tavorites. Let me know what you think.

1. La Herencia--these started out spicy but turned into a creamy smooth texture
2. La Herencia Oscuro Fuente
3. 5 Vegas Gold--Pleasently surprised by this CI brand, very mild but lots of flavor.
4. Padron 1926- I see why these are so popular.
5. Cohiba Red Dot ---seems like a lot of people find them over rated but I enjoyed it and it burned nicely.
6. 5 Vegas AAA
7. Graycliff Turbo
8. MOW ruination

Didn't care for these
1 Diesel -Had two different types didn't care for either. One of them had noticibly more tobacco to one side of the smoke then the other and burned terribly. The both seemed loosly packed with tobacco and just seemed cheap.
2. AlecBradley 2nds from CI--Didn't care for the flavor and I have not been able to keep any of hem lit. I know they are seconds but it is just supposed to be blemishes, nothing affecting taste.

I think I lean toward the milder smokes, or smokes that start spicy but don't stay that way for very long.

First thing, keep this list handy...it will surprise you this time next year when you compare it to what you will be smoking then.

Second, take your top 10 smokes and break down them down by the types of tobacco used, length, ring gauge and so on...get into them and figure out what it is you like about each cigar, see where the are alike, and different. This wil help you find new cigars that you may enjoy.

I would add the following to your list of things to try:
Padron 2000 or 3000, in both wrappers,
601 Oscuro
and maybe the CAO Brazilla....I lke the Gol size.

Enjoy

Tim

Im new to the game also, but Tatuaje is a brand you must familiarize yourself with. I've smoked about 10 different Tatuaje's and the are all consistant, delicious and not overpriced.

I agree with sal about the tats and there are so many different lines that will fit most people's price range and flavor profile. If your that new to smoking don't worry to much about wheat people rank them...smoke as many different kinds as u can and try everything. Some smokes I loved when I started smoking I hate now. Just try everything and smoke what you like.