• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie has a question

SD_Stack

Former J.R. 1am Monitor
I just read this rule over at CF.

Don't post prices on items you wish to sell or otherwise discuss prices in The Trading Room. Discuss prices in email or direct folks to another page where prices may be posted, such as DannyM's Premium Cigar Trader web page.

After seeing it, I remember that I almost never see prices mentioned in the CP forum. Is this taboo?

Thanks

SD_Newbie_Stack

Good Question. I won't claim to have the definitive answer, BUT, I did sell some AF Hemi Sig's and SS's (box fulls) here after posting $$ amounts (slightly below msrp to move em quick). I don't recall anyone flaming me for it.

Some of the Real FOG's here could probably argue both sides of the fence.

As far as I know there is no problem with posting prices. Rod would be the one to make that call.

If it is in the for sale forum, I'd say it is all fair game. If it is in any other forum I'd say no, don't discuss prices.

Emo

What about discussing how much you paid for something? I just bought a box of Caca de la Perro for $150, did I overpay? Obviously you'd want to leave out the source if it was the Habana version of Caca de la Perro, but could you still discuss the price?

I can't say exactly what they were referring to. Or, how far reaching the rule goes.

Maybe they don't this:

BillyBob says: I sent JimBo a box of sticks in a blind trade, I included ISOM's and Super Premiums. I must have sent him $100 worth of cigars. You know what he sent me? Two JR Alternatives worth about two bucks.

:D A post like that may cause problems, huh?

Maybe they don't want a board full of posts that says:

Hey, $5 is too much for an ISOM Cohiba Esplendido. Don't buy from that guy. Email me and I will sell you some for $3. Or you can buy a box from me for $50. Only $2 each.

I don't know, I am new at this.

I don't see why there would be any concern about posting prices. Post all the prices you like!

dont post the price i paid unless i got em in cuba(then everybody knows what you paid anyhoo).
i think the reasoning behind not posting prices(for habanos anyway) is that it leads to discussion of sources and price compairisons etc. some people dont want sources mentioned online.seems to be ok to mention sources here but other boards will crucify you for naming names.

derrek :)

There are always the people that will cheerfully tell you what they paid, but simply not say where.

Matt.... I'm looking in your general direction..... :lookup:

Dave ;)

About those Caca de la Perros, was that the Maduro version or the Natural?

As far as this board (CP), I have never seen that to be a problem. I bow to Rod for that final answer as well. Cigar family (CF) is owned by the Newman/Fuente group and I can understand their stance on this. Here is their explanation stated in their guidelines.......

While cigar trading and selling by individuals, not commercial enterprises, is permitted only in The Trading Room, we do have some specific guidelines for this room as well. In trying to keep the Cigar Lounge Online Forum as commercial free as possible, we would like to keep the selling off site as much as possible. It's fine if you mention the word "sell" in your posts, just please avoid prices, auctions, and hype.