• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass 101

Can't wait till this gets moving, can't thank you enough Jake for putting this together!

_craig_

Please keep your hands and feet inside the cab and extinguish all flames, the newb train is about to leave the station...

It should be open the normal hours. Thanks for all your efforts.

Thanks! Also got word from a postal employee that all PO's should have normal hours Saturday.

Definitely heading out Saturday morning, DC# to follow.

Let's start working through some P/T's!

I am going to request the pass be moved to passes in progress, so if you can't find it....you know where to look.

Jake,

I was wondering if you could provide some assistance with the Felipe Gregorio and the Habanos Puros. I've searched high and low and haven't been able to find anything on these cigars.

Edit for spelling

Jake,

I was wondering if you could provide some assistance with the Felipe Gregorio and the Habanos Puros. I've searched high and low and haven't been able to find anything on these cigars.
Never mind. I had been doing a google shopper search. I was able to find the information I was looking for.

Edit:
Actually I found a price on the Habanos Puros but I'm not sure which line the Felipe Gregorio is. I've seen a couple of different lines out there but they all seem to be priced about the same so maybe it doesn't matter. Any clarification is appreciated.

I actually had trouble with this as well. I still can't find a value. I was just going to pass that one up, but I have been thinking that would defeat the entire purpose of this pass.

Finding the value is very difficult. I've even tried for awhile....doesn't look like they are sold anymore...though I can't confirm that.

I'll tell you how you get close....search for the other cigars in the same line....Mystic Knight, Sereno, etc. and see who distributed them...that's the closest I've gotten.

http://www.cigarssource.com/products.php?product=Felipe-Gregorio-Robusto

Found this,might help

Alright, I had fully intended to post my puts and takes tonight because I had PLENTY of time until the pass arrives... yeah, it landed today. Appears to be in great shape, but I'll tear into it after dinner tonight and post more details along with P/Ts. Unfortunately for the pass I'm flying tomorrow night, so apologies now that discussion/shipping will be a little delayed--aiming for Wednesday, but Thursday will probably be more realistic.

Piss poor way to start off my pass career, I know...

3 days isn't unreasonable....as long as we get through a minimum 1 passer a week (even though it will be quicker than that) we will be done with the pass before warmer weather settles in.

Fortunately...it cost less than $8 to ship too. :D

Alright, here's my proposal:

T: (7) Brick House Short Torpedo
P: (26) Padron 5000 Maduro

T: (9) Don Pepin Garcia My Father Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo
P: (27) Illusione Epernay Le Matin

The Padron may be a bit too much over, but I'm confident the Le Matin is good for the Le Bijou. What do you guys think?

I agree that the second p/t looks good, I don't mind the first one, but it is 50% more expensive. I guess it depends what everyone else thinks.

All cigars accounted for and in good shape. The only missing soldier is the hydrometer... from the rules I was expecting one, but there isn't one to be found in the box. Did I miss it somehow?

Anyways, thanks again for running this, Jake. I think it really hit home when I was taking an inventory of the smokes, this really is all about trust... there are some great smokes here and it's awesome that you're trusting us enough to give us a chance to get our feet wet.

Alright, here's my proposal:

T: (7) Brick House Short Torpedo
P: (26) Padron 5000 Maduro

T: (9) Don Pepin Garcia My Father Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo
P: (27) Illusione Epernay Le Matin

The Padron may be a bit too much over, but I'm confident the Le Matin is good for the Le Bijou. What do you guys think?

I don't mind the the price difference of the Padron (partly because I may want to take that :whistling: ) , but maybe for the sake of this being a newbie pass, and us trying to match up equal valued sticks, that may be slightly high.

Second P/T looks good though!

_craig_

I'm fine with it as long as everyone else will let allow it. Jake, how does a 50% bump usually work in a regular pass?