• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

newbie pass

aeroswat said:
ok due to all the bad publicity and the fact steve hasnt got in touch with me yet, I am going to take gamelover out of the pass, so marc sheldon, when you get the pass hopefully tomorrow, please take out gamelovers address label.

puffnstuff i was hoping since marc sheldon and eleuthardt live within an hour of each other(mapquest) i was hoping it would take less time shipping between them
I support your action of eliminating the possibility of sending this pass into downward spiral because of a known "offender".
hopefully everybody who is/was having second thoughts will stick it out.

true that since the first 3 participants are in TX, and the two after them are in neighboring states that the box *could* get to me in time. I'll keep my fingers crossed that that happens. even if I were to receive it on the 4th, I'd be able to take'n'put and get the box back on the road that same day before I leave.

Hey, if there are any spectators still lurking about, could someone post some links or something to some of the threads from boards Gamelover earned his reputation on? It might be entertaining, and perhaps instructional for all the new guys in this pass.

Thanks

:0 Rebanding!? :angry: NOT FUNNY

5. If the pass is packed with "peanuts" dump the whole box on the floor. When you are ready to re-pack, sweep up the "peanuts" with a dust pan and brush and be sure to include dirt, dog hair, toe nail clippings and dead insects

Not Funny - Foam blocks and bubble wrap are popular for a reason. For best results contact Styx n Stoned for the best way to pack and organize a pass. The man has no equals in that department. Undisputably the king. Check out the "**** on at Work" pass to read his rave reviews.

Styx pass was awesome :thumbs:
(shameless plug: I thought MY PASS was packed fairly well :D)

Good move Shawn, Nice move by the other BOTL's to stop by and help out also. :thumbs:

WOW, oldrover
gboval.jpg
and some other names I recognize from other boards!!! :thumbs:

Thank you so much for checking in here and warning us :thumbs:

http://www.cigarwise.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2834

http://www.cigarwise.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2834

He's been banned from Cigar Aficionado, Cigar Weekly and CigarWise.

This is the only public banning I can find:

David Savona
Director, Cigar Aficionado Online posted May 25, 2004 02:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by gamelover2004:
wildrat
Go crawl back under your brdge where you belong TROLL

Gamelover has been banned from the CA forums.
Posts: 1252 | From: New York, NY | Registered: April 23, 2002

Thanks Van55.

I don't want to thread jack this pass thread anymore then it allready has been with all of this, particularly since it's no longer an issue in this pass. I will say though that the link van55 provided is worth browsing. Post #35 on page 4 seems to be the start of it as far as gamelover is concearned and post number 69 is worth looking at as well. A lot of posts in the thread are edited so it's a little sketchy sometimes, but I will say if you look at post 53 you will see that they really seemed to be trying to give everyone on the site the benifit of the doubt until proven unworthy of it. I would say the accusations were not made lightly by any stretch of the imagination. Plus if you do check out post 53 it will give you a good excuse to just happen and notice the signature pic in post 52. :thumbs:

This really is unfortunate in a newbie pass (unfortunatly a newbie pass may be the juciest target for unreputable types). It's good to keep in mind though that we are talking about pass boxes with hundreds of dollars worth of cigars in them and it really is important to be very careful with the people you are dealing with. Having said that though it as also very important to keep in mind that cigars are fun and 99% of the people you meet through your cigar hobby will be absolutly great people. The important thing is to have fun, and just use common sense.

Enjoy the pass everyone!!

I wanna thank you guys for showing up and giving the info yall had. after yall showed up, i started checking gamelover on other boards, on CWeekly i saw they had defended him and thought about letting him stay, but after more checking and the links posted I am glad he is not in the Pass,
Thanks
Shawn

on a good note I see that the pass is in Rowlett :D

aeroswat said:
also i forgot a couple of zip codes on the labels, once again marc can you help me here also, i think i forgot eleuthardts, backslide
just let me know how i can help, if need be shawn

Enjoy the cigar pass! I didn't come over here to get GameLover tossed out of it. I just wanted him to know that I was watching. Still, I think you made the right decision. 99% of the people you meet on cigar boards are honest and, if anything, overly generous. This pass will have a pleasant run, I have no doubt.

Though I'm not participating in the pass, I want to thank all the BOTLs from the other boards for helping keep CP a great place. Much appreciated. :) Gregor

aeroswat said:
Steve
pm me or email me at aerosht@yahoo.com or marlboro@pine-net.com

i need you to respond by tomorrow
Thanks
Shawn
"aeroswat said:
"gamelover2004 said:
Shawn,
You never sent me a PM or email and I haven't been receiving any emails from Cigar Pass? It is your decision to remove me from the pass as per advice from the Trolls. It is easier for me and you for me to be out of the pass. I have never shafted anyone ever.
Steve

Hey Steve
I posted in the thread for you to contact me, since I figured you would be reading the thread and was hoping you would have replied a couple days ago, i didn't send no emails or anything, it was a hard decesion to make, talked it over with the other participant and as a whole we decided to drop you from the pass, I was checking other boards on you and here also, I wanted to hear your side of the story and would have made my decision then,

I am sorry, for what it's worth, for dropping you out of this pass.
Thanks
Shawn

im finished with my puts/takes i tried sending it today but didnt have the dude that lives in highland village's zip.

if he or shawn gets it to me tonight, package will go out tommorow.

eleuthardt
please send marc your zip code, its not in your profile and I don't think you have sent it to me

noticed he hasn't posted anything since July 9, should we continue without him?
also Jason, I need your zip code also
Thanks
Shawn

marc post your put/takes :D

Back