• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie to the Stick

LeRoy W. Lee

Southern Charmer...
Hello. Hope all are well. I'm hoping to continue to learn more about the fine art of smoking the stick. I have to admit I'm dedicated to good, strong maduros & oscuros. Although I'm fairly well-learned, every day seems to post a new question I need to learn, and want to learn. Some may be stupid questions for some of you, but I have to know... Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope to get to know some of you better. Best, LeRoy

Hello. Hope all are well. I'm hoping to continue to learn more about the fine art of smoking the stick. I have to admit I'm dedicated to good, strong maduros & oscuros. Although I'm fairly well-learned, every day seems to post a new question I need to learn, and want to learn. Some may be stupid questions for some of you, but I have to know... Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope to get to know some of you better. Best, LeRoy

Hi, LeRoy. Welcome to CigarPass -- I truly believe you will not find a more knowledgeable and community-oriented group of cigar/pipe enthusiasts on the internet. Many have been in the position you find yourself in right now (myself, included), not knowing a whole lot aside from the little you currently know. There's a whole world of information and history at your fingertips here on this forum, so my first bit of advice to you will be what is told to everyone when they arrive with wide eyes:

READ MORE / POST LESS

Now, we all get to know each other by our interactions, so be sure to take part in discussions and add in any ideas or knowledge on a subject you may have. However, if you have a question, there's a good chance it's been covered in depth previously. First thing is to read all of the stickies; they are there for a reason and will start you off in the right direction. If you still have questions, definitely ask away in the appropriate forums. Take a look at how the place is laid out, and try to make sure you are posting things where they should best fit. This is both so that it stands the best chance of seeing the right eyes who can respond with subject authority, and it's also just plain good etiquette.

Speaking of, you'll come to find that CigarPass is NOT your regular internet forum. As I mentioned, we are an online community. Please read the rules in big, red letters at the top of each page. They are enforced; don't take it personally if someone mentions a rule to you. Simply acknowledge the misstep and correct yourself for next time -- every new person here screws something up sooner or later! So, if you haven't already, head on over to the "Introduction" forum and tell us all about yourself! I look forward to getting to know you and interacting on the boards.

I might be the rarity here, but I don’t mind seeing someone new post a lot of questions. Even if it has been asked before. Maybe I would feel different back in 2008 ish when the board was really busy with new members joining daily and asking the same questions over and over.