• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie's First ISOM!

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Ok... I'm sure my n00bness will show, but here goes... (And this review is in grateful appreciation of the FOG that bombed me with it... it was labeled as a Cohiba Siglo IV (2004)

My first taste of an ISOM- I decide to go right to the top! You always hear about Cohiba's being the best, so my anticipation was on par with that I felt before my first taste of the PAM. And my reaction was the same.. WOW!

The first thing I noticed was the construction... very nice and symetrical. No blemishes, no veins to mention, and the aroma was superb! I tried my new punch for the first time on this baby - my Xikar 007 punch. Amazing how a quality, sharp instrument makes a difference! (that and a good cigar...) No problems with the punch, and a nice clean hole with no flaking on the cap. First draw- yummy! I thought it was going to be a little tight on the draw, but I was surprised. Lighting this was fun... a nice toast job, then the light - even, smooth and perfect! One of my better light jobs I might say.

The flavor on this was good... as I've said, I cannot detect the subtle flavors like most can... I only can say if I like it or not. And I liked it! It seemed to be a little more on the medium side until I was half way thru it and it changed into a more full bodied smoke... I even got a little buzz from it. Not like the Joya de Nicaragua Antano mind you, but a nice, very light 'lightheadedness' . Newbie to the max!!

The thing that impressed me the most with this cigar? The SMOKE! My GOD the smoke... I initially thought it was going to be a tighter draw, and therefore a little less smoke than I like (I like LOTS of smoke...) but it did not disappoint. There was mouthfuls of delicious smoke on every draw, even tho I didn't draw that hard. VERY nice... and very smooth.

The burn was good, although a few times it looked like it was going into an uneven burn, but it always straightened out on its own. The ash was a nice medium grey color, and held on very, very well. I had over 3 inches of ash before it fell off! I did notice a few white spots inthe ash, but I hear thats normal.

All the way to the nub I smoked it to, it was a great first ISOM smoke. I can't wait to grab a few more down the road to help fill ''Smokey' up! I have a couple more Cohiba ISOM's, and they will be enjoyed thouroghly I'm sure.

Now I know what the fuss about ISOM's is... thanks to the generosity of those here. Can't wait until I can pay back the favor- even to some other newbie here, down the road...

GOTTA rate this as a box buy (or 2 or 3...)!!!! :love:

Sounds good, can't wait to try one someday. Smoked fake cohiba the other day, felt like a ghetto Castro.

"Where my soul-gers at?

card-fidel_castro.jpg

Congrats Swissy! I am glad to hear it was so awesome. I can't wait to try one of these myself. I am going to do a wishlist on the board and this will be at the top of the list!

damn that bastard that sent you that!!..
wait til you smoke the Punch SS#2 :0

A year from now you will curse the day your lips tasted the sublime flavor, your palate enveloped the thick smoke, and your nose took in the divine aroma of a Cohiba Siglo (or any other good Habana), because you will have crossed over to the "darkside" and nothing else will do. I know I don't enjoy the N/C quite like I did before. That's just me, of course. :thumbs: Very few have returned from the "darkside" although CoventryCat was brought back to the light on the tails of Padron Anniversaries.

Kento said:
A year from now you will curse the day your lips tasted the sublime flavor, your palate enveloped the thick smoke, and your nose took in the divine aroma of a Cohiba Siglo (or any other good Habana), because you will have crossed over to the "darkside" and nothing else will do. I know I don't enjoy the N/C quite like I did before. That's just me, of course. :thumbs: Very few have returned from the "darkside" although CoventryCat was brought back to the light on the tails of Padron Anniversaries.
[snapback]180217[/snapback]​

Padron has saved many...He is truly a Jedi Master.

The IV is a great Smoke, That was the First Cohiba i smoked. Recently fell in love with the VI though. Plan on working my way through the whole family. Buy a box, smoke some, age some, and trade some. :thumbs: THe way life should be. :D

Well,
I passed on the 'fun'. I had another Siglo IV, and instead of enjoying it myself later, I thought I'd do a FOGgy thing- :0 -and I handed it to my neighbor (and cigar smoking buddy) tonight. You should have seen his face light up!! Especially when I told him it was an ISOM and not an imitation.

He had a total look of ecstasy the entire time he was holding that cigar... I lost count of how many times he muttered 'oh man' and 'oh my god' - it was actually fun to watch him smoke that thing- even if it means I don't!

And it makes up for the Quintero I smoked... not too impressed with that, ISOM or not...

Tomorrow night I think I'll hand him a PAM... ;)

Swissy said:
Well,
I passed on the 'fun'. I had another Siglo IV, and instead of enjoying it myself later, I thought I'd do a FOGgy thing- :0 -and I handed it to my neighbor (and cigar smoking buddy) tonight. You should have seen his face light up!! Especially when I told him it was an ISOM and not an imitation.

He had a total look of ecstasy the entire time he was holding that cigar... I lost count of how many times he muttered 'oh man' and 'oh my god' - it was actually fun to watch him smoke that thing- even if it means I don't!

And it makes up for the Quintero I smoked... not too impressed with that, ISOM or not...

Tomorrow night I think I'll hand him a PAM... ;)
[snapback]180389[/snapback]​

This is the BEST part of the Newbie wars... You're turning into a "snob" - now you won't be able to turn back... Imagine trying to spark a Antonio y Cleopatra right about now :laugh:

Whether you knew it or not - the FOG's have destroyed you!!! :p

Peekay said:
Smoked fake cohiba the other day, felt like a ghetto castro.
[snapback]180168[/snapback]​

Me too, thanks again vitasea. :laugh:
That last CoRo I had from him was most definatly a fake lol. Whatever happened to him anyways?

ggiese said:
This is the BEST part of the Newbie wars... You're turning into a "snob" - now you won't be able to turn back... Imagine trying to spark a Antonio y Cleopatra right about now :laugh:

[snapback]180391[/snapback]​

Never!! I'll admit they have opened my eyes, but they have made me better for it! I'll NEVER submit... never I say!

I know how to maintain my n00bness- where's that swisher sweet? I know I have one around here somewhere!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Where'd it go?? *crash* I know it's here somewhere *bang* Amber- did you eat the swisher sweet again? BAD DOG!! BAD DOG!! *CLANG*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Tell me about it! You know your in trouble when you have a humiderator dedicated to the dark side. I have a couple of FOG's to thank.

:cool:

very good bro!! maybe you are corrupted now, but the sweet memory of that Siglo IV will remain forever imprinted on your palate.... i have a Siglo II that i wil be smoking when we open up the trailer for the season, in one 2 weeks from now, to break in the "smoking deck".... I picked it up a month ago, and am waiting for right moment. The hell with aging it!!!

:cool:

Swissy said:

[snapback]180389[/snapback]​

I really do enjoy the feeling I get when I watch somebody smoke a great Cuban I gifted to them. :thumbs: I gifted a Cohiba Siglo VI Tubo to my father and friend on my birthday and they were quite impressed with a smile a mile wide. :D

Ree

Hey Ree-

I figured you would have smoked your whole stash of VI's by now...you are a man of great patience and restraint. :p

Very cool of you to gift them tubo's.

Kento said:
Hey Ree-

I figured you would have smoked your whole stash of VI's by now...you are a man of great patience and restraint. :p

Very cool of you to gift them tubo's.
[snapback]180476[/snapback]​

I tell you what...it is very hard to restrain myself each time I open my humi. I've got 7 left and intend to age for a while or a really special occasion. I'm thinking of picking some more VI's here soon. It is between 15 VI Tubos or a box of the robustos. Hmmmmm ??? what should I go for?

Ree