• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newcastle Brown Ale

matalo

I just bought a couple of cases of this fine lager from Central Market. The Wednesday before Labor Day they had 12 packs for $6.99. Being a fan of the tasty beverage, I decided I would try some of this. I did my usual internet research before I went out and invested my "hard earned money" on this, of course.

After about 5 hours of cooling in my personal refrigerator, I decided it was time to pop the top of one while enjoying a HDM Rothschild. The beer started off bitter, I would equate it to Guinness Stout, but not quite as harsh. However, the aftertaste is what does it for me. It has a taste of nuts, cocoa, and vanilla. Mix this with my HDM, and I believe I have found the perfect marriage between cigar and lager. This stuff is great even after it gets warm, too!

I would recommend this to anyone!

reminds me of a great micro brew I had a few years ago called Long shot...it was Hazlenut ale...very good with cigars or on ts own!

i love new castle! never had a gar with it but will try it on your suggestion.

i really love guiness stout and my favorite gar with it is ashton maduro.
chocolaty and yummy!!!!

Newcastle is very good! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm a Guinness fan myself..and Boddingtons! Those two are the best mix for a black N tAN!

Joe you got my faves down pat. If you put mine in order of Pref...

Guinness, NewCastle and Bass

However, If you put the Bass and Guinness together like Bass on the Bottom with the Guinness floating lightly on top covered with a nice head, then you got my All Time Fave. Most places call it a Black and Tan, others call it a Half and Half. Either way, it is great.

you guy's need to try Full Sail Amber Ale, very richbeer has a buterscotch taste to it sit's well with a full bodied maduro.... my favorite combo :thumbs:

PuroBrat said:
Joe you got my faves down pat. If you put mine in order of Pref...

Guinness, NewCastle and Bass

However, If you put the Bass and Guinness together like Bass on the Bottom with the Guinness floating lightly on top covered with a nice head, then you got my All Time Fave. Most places call it a Black and Tan, others call it a Half and Half. Either way, it is great.
Guiness and Bass is a black and tan... Guiness and Harps is a half and half...totally 2 different drinks. Newcastle is a goto beer for me, as is Guiness. If you like Newcastle or Bass(I dont drink it myself), try Samuel Smith's Nutbrown ale. It is hands down the best Broon Ale on the market today. The Sammy Smiths Porter is rich and has a little more bite than Guiness draft. The Oatmeal stout is a bit sweeter that Guiness. The IPA does flips over Redhook IPA. I would love to see what Sammy Smith's could do with a Heffeweizen, Bock, and Belfgium ale. mmmm Good stuff.

Emo