• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Next Long Island HERF

slider9499

Since the recent HERF at Churchill's was a success I was speaking to some of my new cigar brothers about having an outdoor one at my house. My yard can hold about 35 people comfortably plus I have a 18 foot round AGP, deck, gazebo, smoker and a BBQ.

I have no idea what date this would be or how it would work regarding food, booze, cost per person, etc. But I just wanted to throw it out here to see what kind of feedback we get and if this would be of interest to any of you.

I am on the South Shore on the Nassau/Suffolk border, about 10 minutes directly South of Churchills. It is about a 35 minute ride from Queens.

Since the recent HERF at Churchill's was a success I was speaking to some of my new cigar brothers about having an outdoor one at my house. My yard can hold about 35 people comfortably plus I have a 18 foot round AGP, deck, gazebo, smoker and a BBQ.

I have no idea what date this would be or how it would work regarding food, booze, cost per person, etc. But I just wanted to throw it out here to see what kind of feedback we get and if this would be of interest to any of you.

I am on the South Shore on the Nassau/Suffolk border, about 10 minutes directly South of Churchills. It is about a 35 minute ride from Queens.

I'm in! :thumbs: :D

Bennifer,

I am in...

as long as no Country music is played!

:sign:

-Rob

You know I'm up for it. :D

Steve

Did someone say HERF?? :whistling: :thumbs:

Depending on the date, I'm in as well and since it will be outdoors, I'll ask the wifey as well. Lastly, did I see that "CC" was interested........ :D :thumbs: :p

Will there be more prizes....lol :laugh: ..juts kiddin'. But seriously I am in, let mw know if I can help with any preperation or anything.

Ideally I would love to get this in while the weather is still warm so everyone can take advanatge of my pool. That would mean sometime in August. I might even invite some family members to join us - it's okay, they love cigars and they bring wine too! :cool:

BTW - I LOVE red wine, mainly Cabernet :D

If I do this after Labor Day it gets kinda iffy when it comes to pool time but we can play that by ear.

I was thinking if we chip in about $10-20 per person, I will buy all the food, utensils, setups, etc. each person can bring whatever they want to drink and I'll set-up coolers, garbage cans, etc. If we need to BBQ I'll light 'em up if not, we just eat whatever I order and go from there. A Saturday afternoon, maybe around 2pm or so and let it continue until whenever.

Now, I asked Chris at Churchills if he wants to "sponsor" or "donate" food to the event. I am waiting on his reply. If they supply the food this could be one of those HERFS that is talked about for years to come! :thumbs: ;)

Couple this with the cigar sponsors, prizes, raffles, etc. and I think we will have a blast. :p

Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts, etc. are welcome.

Let me know what you think.

Depending on the date. I'd be in, if you'll have me.

I'd play in the pool, but only if I get to wear my speedo!!!!

Also, date will have an effect on my ability to come. So remember, you are to plan this around me!