• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL Love it or hate it?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I understand that the NFL appeals to a different demograpgic than it did 20 years ago but I am curious if any group really thinks it's a great product?
This list is for Nathan @Acclaym

1. The rules have changed to accomodate players on HGH and PED's. If the NFL really cared about injuries, they would develop a zero tolerance policy for HGH and PED .... but then, the gladiators wouldn't be so entertaining and the owners wouldn't make as much money.
2. Thier handling of racism is despicable! The league is made up of a vast majority of blacks but they keep whining about "not enough blacks".
3. Far too many players are thugs and miscreants.
4. Far too many owners are scumbags.
5. The NFL says only 4% of their players are bad guys (thats just the ones they can't cover up, and we hear about) ..... think about this .... if you worked for a company of 2000 people, 80 would be murderers, rapists, domestic abusers, etc.
6. The players act like imbeciles when they make a play even though the team is hoplessly losing.

They're almost as bad as politicians!

But hey, it's football ..... and we as a society dont care about anything but getting our football fix.

Ambivalent. I watch a game or two a season and don't really care enough about the NFL to even gripe about it.

I don't love it. Nor would I say that I hate it. It doesn't bother me, and I don't bother it. You are going to need a third category in your poll.

I understand that the NFL appeals to a different demograpgic than it did 20 years ago but I am curious if any group really thinks it's a great product?
This list is for Nathan @Acclaym
Let's make a deal. I'll leave you alone about your list addiction if you fuck off with all the racial and political stuff. FFS

Let's make a deal. I'll leave you alone about your list addiction if you fuck off with all the racial and political stuff. FFS
No deal. Ive found that if you want to whine about something, you can always find a subject.

There was nothing racial or political in my post, just a few facts ... like em or love em, they' re just facts.

Some people get pissed about the sun rising in the east, tough shit!

Opinion, not facts. Your opinion, which treads on the “touchy subjects” no no rule here at CP. No disrespect, but if you are going to criticize the sport/product, stick to that.

Just some friendly advice from your fellow lover of the leaf.

Opinion, not facts. Your opinion, which treads on the “touchy subjects” no no rule here at CP. No disrespect, but if you are going to criticize the sport/product, stick to that.

Just some friendly advice from your fellow lover of the leaf.
C, I'm curious what you think is opinion as opposed to fact?

Please don't make this about racism?

Last edited:
You can chose to opine as you wish. You may feel as if the league’s handling of social issues is either garbage or is something that is better than nothing to create positive change. A fact is typically something that is supported with evidence. Again amigo, as was stated, political and racial stuff should be left to be posted on other forums. Not here on CP.

One love,

C

Last edited:
In what world can you try to say #2 on the list isn't racial? 🫤
For God's sake! Stating a fact that includes the mention of a certain race is not racism! I despise racism! It is the purest form of ignorance! ALL OF IT!

Screenshot_20221114-075211_Chrome.jpg

I’ll just comment on the title. I love the NFL product. Maybe there are some people or issues within that I’m not so fond of, but literally every. single. “product”. has its issues or people I’m not fond of.

I struggle to find anything in the world that is not that way.

I guess I commented on more than the title lol. Still love the game!

I’ll agree with what @{tpc} said here. People call for not consuming certain forms of entertainment or products. It’s really your own personal decision to either continue consuming said entertainment or product, or, not. There will likely always be things people don’t see eye to eye on. That’s fine, so long, in my opinion, as no one is getting harmed. Even then, there are varying degrees of harm, and everyone will likely have an opinion on what is acceptable. I will continue to enjoy the sport for what it is. Modern day competition and sport. There is actually a whole ton of people who don’t even slightly care for any kind of sport as entertainment.

One love,

C