• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NFL pool (tie-breaker change) TOMORROW NOON DEADLINE!

I will put this info in the original post.

I will send my picks to John @jfields and let everyone know when I have done that, then everyone else can send their picks to me via PM.

Deadline for picks is Wednesday September 7th at 12 noon EST.

Here is the format:
  1. Fiver valued at $40 minimum
  2. Number of participants will determine payouts
  3. Non-winners will ship cigars to winners
You pick the order of finish of all 8 divisions and as a tie-breaker, you pick the total points scored by the winner of this pool.

10 points per division, 80 points total available.

EXAMPLE: AFC North
  1. Ravens (4 points)
  2. Bengals (3 points)
  3. Steelers (2 points)
  4. Browns (1 points)

Is there a reason why the group can't see other players picks?
I just didn't want someone waiting until all the others have chosen and trying to choose accordingly. I honestly don't know how much difference that could make?

Here is one thing that is going to prove difficult ..... if you strongly believe that, in a particular division, there will be two teams competing to win and two teams finshing at the bottom ...... and you pick the wrong order of the top two teams, you might get zero points.

I would certainly publish everyone's picks after the deadline.

Is there usually something for the Bowl too.. or is that something that gets figured out at a different time?

There are a couple divisions which are really tough to pick. The AFC West has four potential playoff caliber teams and the NFC East has no potential playoff caliber teams.

I will put this info in the original post.

I will send my picks to John @jfields and let everyone know when I have done that, then everyone else can send their picks to me via PM.

Deadline for picks is Wednesday September 7th at 12 noon EST.

Here is the format:
  1. Fiver valued at $40 minimum
  2. Number of participants will determine payouts
  3. Non-winners will ship cigars to winners
You pick the order of finish of all 8 divisions and as a tie-breaker, you pick the total points scored by the winner of this pool.

10 points per division, 80 points total available.

EXAMPLE: AFC North
  1. Ravens (4 points)
  2. Bengals (3 points)
  3. Steelers (2 points)
  4. Browns (1 points)
I get we're picking the ranking of each of the eight divisions. So if I picked in the order you show above for the AFC North and they came in in the at the end of regular season play I'd have 10 points from the AFC North? Am I right to say "playoff winners on their way to the Super Bowl do not contribute points in this pool"?

I get we're picking the ranking of each of the eight divisions. So if I picked in the order you show above for the AFC North and they came in in the at the end of regular season play I'd have 10 points from the AFC North? Am I right to say "playoff winners on their way to the Super Bowl do not contribute points in this pool"?
That is correct. As it is planned right now, this is just for regular season standings.

I still blame you, but I will play in this Jeff. Picks are not due until Sept. 7 right?