• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No privacy on the throne....

gaspagoo

Genetics & Bad Decisions
I have a 1 year old & a 4 year old. Both boys btw. They can be on the other side of the house playing, fighting, whatever. I grab the iPod touch and head to the throne room. I'm enjoying the privacy as I'm sure you all do. The door is shut. In the distance I hear feet getting closer. A bang on the door. The door opens and here are my two little buddies. One has batman, one has a stuffed bunny. Now I have to talk, yell, move the trash can, take the toilet paper off the roll holder (the 1 year old is part goat). It's like they have radar that lets them know when dad is takin a dump. They're still pretty awesome though.

I have a cat and a dog that like to come in and "wish me luck" during my private time :0 . God love 'em!

I have 4 cats that do this. For some reason they always want the window shade open, right at that time, or they will attempt to claw the hell out of it.

You got to love kids, they know when you are vulnerable and can't chase them in a hurry.

I have a 1 year old & a 4 year old. Both boys btw. They can be on the other side of the house playing, fighting, whatever. I grab the iPod touch and head to the throne room. I'm enjoying the privacy as I'm sure you all do. The door is shut. In the distance I hear feet getting closer. A bang on the door. The door opens and here are my two little buddies. One has batman, one has a stuffed bunny. Now I have to talk, yell, move the trash can, take the toilet paper off the roll holder (the 1 year old is part goat). It's like they have radar that lets them know when dad is takin a dump. They're still pretty awesome though.

Isn't that what they make door locks for?

Isn't that what they make door locks for?

Good point, I guess I just don't have the heart to keep em locked out. I do try, but I usually let em in.

My 4 year old twins are the same way.

If you lock the door, they just bang on it until you unlock it. They bang on it so hard that I get scared that they are going to knock the door off the hinges. I find it easier to just leave the door unlocked.

My four and a half year old son does the same thing. If I lock the door, he beats on it until I let him in.

I lock the door. My five year old (daughter) recognizes no boundaries. This ambition may work to her benefit later on in life in the competitive employment world, but right now there are just a few times that us old people need some privacy in the house...

All of kids did the bang the door down thing and now our grandchildren are doing the same thing, bless their little hearts.

My dog tries to follow me in since he'll miss me while I'm gone. He's just a little co-dependent. :rolleyes:

My dog tries to follow me in since he'll miss me while I'm gone. He's just a little co-dependent.

Our cats do the same thing. The bathroom door doesn't latch all the way, and they've mastered opening it.

This thread reminds me of that two-seater toilet... twodaloo or something like that. lol... my kids know better than to come anywhere near the bathroom when I'm in it. Or for up to 30 minutes afterwards.

grandson does the same thing he can't hear you when you are telling him to do something but he can sure hear the door to the bathroom close.

I am so glad my girls are all grown up. Yours will be before you know it so enjoy brother