• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

No Smoking in NYC. Period.

NASTY

Cold Fire
Well our mayor, the Honorable Mayor Michael Bloomberg had done it again.

New Non Smoking Law

I for one will proudly look to be fined this summer at Orchard or Coney Island Beach.

There are a couple towns in Mass. where it is not legal to smoke anywhere on public property. WTF

FU Mayor Bloomburg!

I suggest a herf on the day before the ban comes into effect!

-Rob

FU Mayor Bloomburg!

-Rob

I'd suggest it for the actual day it goes into effect. And I think we should do it right in front of city hall.

FU Mayor Bloomburg!

-Rob

I'd suggest it for the actual day it goes into effect. And I think we should do it right in front of city hall.

Where's the fun in that? Let's do it right in those designated non smoking benches in Time Square

Pick a date and a time....I'm there. BTW, you making it up to Kingston in April?

Hate to say, it's a sign of the times and this kind of shit is only going to get worse.

"Give me a ticket, I'm on vacation"..........

The No Smoking PERIOD, makes it sound like it's illegal to light up in the city at all, anywhere.

We've had that same law in effect in San Diego on the beaches for as longer than I've lived here and more recently (last few years maybe) in the parks. It's pretty inconvinient for sure.

Let's not get too excited. There's lots of things you can't do in NYC, but you can if you have a mind to, and know where to look.;)

Doc.

Let's not get too excited. There's lots of things you can't do in NYC, but you can if you have a mind to, and know where to look.;)

Doc.

This pretty much applies to any town/city in the USA and the world. :laugh:

Doc.

Yes, that is true, but now I have to hide the beer AND the cigar when I'm in the park

Here's what I got today. Notice the classic line, it's for the children. What a bunch of BS. We have a bunch of freedom hating morons running our towns and country these days:

February 24, 2011

Dear Mr. MacCarthy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and views on Intro. 332-A.

As you may have heard, this past month the City Council passed and Mayor Bloomberg signed into law Intro. 332, greatly expanding the City's Smoke Free Air Act to include a ban on smoking in city parks, beaches and other designated outdoor areas.

This followed two well attended public hearings by the City Council, during which we heard from a wide range of advocates, healthcare experts and other concerned members of the public. We also have received hundreds of letters and e-mails from you and other New Yorkers who argued passionately for and against the bill.

Clearly, this proposal affected smokers and non-smokers alike on many different levels.

However, after carefully weighing all of the testimony and correspondence that we received on this matter, I firmly believe that passing this ban was the right thing to do for our city. Adults will still be able to smoke cigarettes, except where prohibited. But no one, especially our children, should have to inhale secondhand smoke when they're at the park or beach. With this new law, New Yorkers of all ages will be able to breathe easier and live longer, healthier lives.

Thanks again for letting me know where you stand on Intro. 332-A. I realize we don't see eye-to-eye on this matter, but I appreciate and respect your views, and I hope you will continue to weigh in on the important issues affecting our city.

Sincerely,
Christine C. Quinn
Speaker
NYC Council

I wish I had the ability to tell someone to fuck off in such a nice way.

Doc.

Here is my post in response to the article:

Everyone has the right to make their own decisions regarding legal activities. If banning for health is a concern then ban fast food as I am sick of seeing so many fat asses around. It makes me sick to my stomach to see such gluttony. Why not tax the hell out of fast food or soda that parents love to give their kids? All that poison should be illegal rather than trying to tell educated adults what to do. I smoke a cigar on occasion, run marathons and am fitter and healthier than 95% of the populace. I would not dare to seriously tell people how they should legally live their lives. Pathetic way to go Mayor. You will not have my vote when the time comes.

Los when the officer writes out the summons, make sure you give him your NYC DS id so they get the number right!