• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Non Cuban Cigar sugestion

Barteur

Hi all,

I will be in the Caribeen end of March and would like to bring back good brand cigars. Cannot buy Cubans since I am transfering somewhere in the US. Since Cigars are pretty expansive here in Canada I would like to take the opportunuity to by some good stuff in the caribeen (Going on a cruise).

Let me know

As a non-US citizen, even just transiting the US subjects you to the embargo? THAT sucks! Or are you stopping by to visit someone? I'd really look into that, just sounds really unfair!

As a non-US citizen, even just transiting the US subjects you to the embargo? THAT sucks! Or are you stopping by to visit someone? I'd really look into that, just sounds really unfair!
Apparently this is the case, everytime I cruised, before disembarkation they tell you that if you are transiting trough US you are not allowed to have Cuban cigars. I would like very much to be wrong since I am doing thi 2 or 3 times a year.

Anybody has other tought ??

Frenchie

Can you "cigar-pass" yourself? If you stop at a place with a post office, bring some beads, and mail them to yourself at home in the great white north?

Gotta be immaginative since you are not technically subject to the ban.

Can you "cigar-pass" yourself? If you stop at a place with a post office, bring some beads, and mail them to yourself at home in the great white north?

Gotta be immaginative since you are not technically subject to the ban.
Yes I tough of it but.... I will be subject to our taxes and end up paying almost the same price, and Quebec is the worst Province. (Dont forget that we pay cigars almost tree times more than in the USA...)

I am still open for sugestions

Frenchie

My word, all these gubments making a pleasure so much work! Hopefully someone more imaginative than I can help you.

Gents, suggestions on how to violate trade laws need to be addressed by PM or other offline methods. I'd recommend not discussing this in public.

My .02

Trey

Edited to add: Meh. I fail at reading comprehension, and didn't pay close enough attention before my knee jerk response. I thought you were talking about mailing here to the US. Disregard.

Trey

Okay, now I'm just failing all over the damned place! See? Right there in the title "NON-CUBAN".

*Shakes tiny fist*

I so fail. Sigh.

Trey

Okay, now I'm just failing all over the damned place! See? Right there in the title "NON-CUBAN".

*Shakes tiny fist*

I so fail. Sigh.

Trey
Trey thanks anyway :D at least gave me a great laught ;) .
Frenchie

It's okay Trey (it's 0230 here), even though he was asking for non-cuban, I was still tryiing to figure out how our good neighbor to the north could still get them... So I fail too, but then I know my limitations and haven't actually offered up a recomendation.

Where is the cruise taking you?
The Dominican Republic would offer you some stogie choices... La Aurora.
In Puerto Rico you could pick up Don Collins Cigars.

I guess you could always buy some unbanded smokes... :whistling:
But I won't endorse doing that.

-Rob

Going to Barbados (Probably bring back a box of Royal Barbados...)
St-kitts
San-Juan
St-thomas
Dominica
St-lucia
Antigua

I'm still pissed for you. I don't know much about Canadian rules for duty free shopping, but last time I was in France, I bought some collectible wine, and had it shipped home in special containers. When I got it, I just had to show my purchase receipt, and fil out Duty Free paperwork, and Uncle Sam didn't take any extra money.

While in Barbados, make sure to get yourself some nice rum too. ;)

Trey, what was that Partegas you had yesterday? I'd recomend that one if Trey will share the exact name.

In ST. Thomas (just outside the cuise ship terminal) is a fairly well stocked ligit cigar store. Since it's a U.S. territory they only sell NCs. They sell most kinds of VSGs/Padrons/Tats. They do sell Opus there too.... at $45 a piece :0

good luck!

My suggestion is that you do not buy any cigars while on vacation in the Caribbean. You will either be getting fakes, or if they are genuine, you will be paying a ridiculous sum of money for them.

Much cheaper just to buy them mail order from somewhere in the US or elsewhere.

My suggestion is that you do not buy any cigars while on vacation in the Caribbean. You will either be getting fakes, or if they are genuine, you will be paying a ridiculous sum of money for them.

Much cheaper just to buy them mail order from somewhere in the US or elsewhere.

:whistling: Very wise, this one...seriously..he has a Mokimobile and a big flashy spotlight and everything hooked to Commissioner Gordon's office....