• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

noob here

MartinB_USN

Ok so I'm a noob to both cigar smoking and this forum. I have smoked cigars frequently for the past six months. Before that I had occasionally smoked some lower tier flavored cigars. I hope to gain alot of knowledge from this forum and eventually participate in a Cigar pass if I am lucky. I'm currently stationed in Japan for the United States Navy and I just discovered the availability of Cuban cigars. I can't wait to get out and buy some. Hopefully I can get some good suggestions on what to try and how much I should expect to pay. So far my best cigar experiences have been a La Aurora Anos 100, a Romeo y Julieta Excibicon No. 3, and a La Aurora It's a Boy (shortly after the birth of my son). Some questions I have are what are some of the common used acronyms on this site such as ISOM. Also, what are some recommendations on cigar storage and humidors? I've seen some pictures on here using coolers for storage is this reliable? Thanks for all of your help in advance I hope I become a great contributer to this site.

MartinB_USN said:
Ok so I'm a noob to both cigar smoking and this forum. I have smoked cigars frequently for the past six months. Before that I had occasionally smoked some lower tier flavored cigars. I hope to gain alot of knowledge from this forum and eventually participate in a Cigar pass if I am lucky. I'm currently stationed in Japan for the United States Navy and I just discovered the availability of Cuban cigars. I can't wait to get out and buy some. Hopefully I can get some good suggestions on what to try and how much I should expect to pay. So far my best cigar experiences have been a La Aurora Anos 100, a Romeo y Julieta Excibicon No. 3, and a La Aurora It's a Boy (shortly after the birth of my son). Some questions I have are what are some of the common used acronyms on this site such as ISOM. Also, what are some recommendations on cigar storage and humidors? I've seen some pictures on here using coolers for storage is this reliable? Thanks for all of your help in advance I hope I become a great contributer to this site.
[snapback]217637[/snapback]​
oooh-rah Navy. Welcome from the boards resident puddle pirate.

Welcome to CP from MN. :) As far as acronyms go, check out this link lingo. For questions regarding humidors visit "The Humidor" forum and use the search tool. If it is knowledge about cigars you seek you have come to the right place. I have learned more than I could have imagined from the folks around here.

Welcome and THANK YOU for your service!!! Just do a lot of reading of this site and you will gain more knowledge than you can imagine.

Dan

Welcome from Alaska!

You found a great place for everything cigars- knowledge, friendship and more! You asked about coolers and reliability... I have a 100qt with the beads (you'll find out more as you read on CP!) and it is ROCK STEADY in regards to the humidity (RH). Best, cost effective way to store cigars as I've come to find out. Maybe not as nice and attractive as some of these super-duper humidors people are buying, but not everyone can afford them! :laugh:

Welcome, and enjoy your stay. How long are you in Japan?

Swissy said:
Welcome from Alaska!

You found a great place for everything cigars- knowledge, friendship and more! You asked about coolers and reliability... I have a 100qt with the beads (you'll find out more as you read on CP!) and it is ROCK STEADY in regards to the humidity (RH). Best, cost effective way to store cigars as I've come to find out. Maybe not as nice and attractive as some of these super-duper humidors people are buying, but not everyone can afford them! :laugh:

Welcome, and enjoy your stay. How long are you in Japan?
[snapback]217661[/snapback]​
I've got another 34 months

Welcome to CP from Pgh, PA. And as said before THANK YOU for you service to our country!

Welcome to Cigar Pass. Try to keep in touch while out there and thanks for your sevice.

Howdy MartinB and welcome to CP from Cornwall, NY on the Hudson River........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Greetings from Washington state, and thank you for your service to our country.

Smokes and beverages on me when you return..... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.