• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NorCal HERF, Dinner and Wine Tour II

agreed x100! The whole weekend was a blast! Good wines, great company, awesome cigars... what more can you ask for!

Thankfully I get to thank NorCal by drinking all his wine and smoking all his cigars before he gets home from work today! :laugh:
I'm the house guest from Hades...
demonion-7421.gif

:laugh: She's such a lush...
I knew I would like her! :thumbs:
Now known officially as "The Wine Whore". :laugh: :thumbs: :love:

That was amazing all the way around.... what is it w/ David and his uncanny ability to predict a crazy storm right before the most amazing weather? And Alice ... "Who the fuck is Alice?" ... for picking a beautiful, quaint town, that has nothing going on, but actually ends up being the most happenin night the town ever sees? LOL! ... "Yes it's Lady's Night ... Oh what a night!" ... Kevin, I'm sorry I showed up late. Thanks for giving me the quick tour. I still think your wine was the highlight of all the wineries .. and I'm not a white wine drinker .. so how did I end up with 4 bottles of different white wines on this trip? It was a great eye opener into different varietals .. including Grappa! Salude!

I'll try to get some pictures and vid clips up over the next few days. :cool:

Well, we rolled back in to town early this morning. As usual, thank you David and Alice (Who the eff is Alice?) for providing yet another great time for us! Lesley, Had a blast! All the wine made it home safely as well!
Cory, It was good to hang out again, great to see ya!
Jim, it was great to finally catch up to you and smoke a few cigars with you and Mary.
Alan, Jason, it was good to meet you guys and share a cigar, hope we didn't scare you off!
Evan and Phil, it was again great to share a cigar.

Kevin, thanks for another wonderful evening with you and your wife and the rest of the crew. We truly admire what you do with your wines!

now it's time to catch up on a bit of sleep......

Thank you all for taking the time to come and visit me! I had a great time meeting Jim, Mary and even Cory (though you were late :p ) and as always it was great to catch up with with Dan and Lesley. I really hope to make this a yearly happening! Next year, hopefully I will not be working and will be able to join you for the whole weekend. You are always welcome so please do not hesitate to stop by anytime!

Ok... some pics.

First off, we got back safe and sound late last night. had a GREAT trip...

David, thanks for putting it all together and having us as the house guests from hell. It was a BLAST to finally meet you and Alice after all the deals with wine, cigar and more we've done over the last 4 years.

Josh, THANK YOU so very much for picking us up at the airport AND for the use of the car. It was above and beyond... it allowed the wife to spend more on wine since we didn't rent a car! :laugh: But thank you AGAIN... very very generous of you. And I better see a bill soon for the windshield...

Kevin, thanks again for the Thursday herf and dinner.. AWESOME food and wine. Mary would like the recipe for your bread that we had, and I'd like to know what the buffalo tortilla chips were made with :thumbs: And the cigar... yum the cigar. WAY over the top.

Dan, Allen and Jason... FUN to meet you guys and you better halfs! Always fun to meet guys to put a face to the name. Can't wait for the next meeting.

Phil, no mention for you but lovely to meet your wife! Mary had a blast yakking with her....

Cory... well, I'll see you in a month so you don't count! :p

Ok... some pics.

First off... the Wifely Unit© has now officially been renamed to The Wine Whore©

Yes, we ended up with 5 CASES OF WINE!

Mary and I had a few days before the herf in the Russian River Valley area. This is Mill Creek Winery

Barrel Tasting at Vincent Arroyo Winery (Thanks Allen.. GREAT tip!)

Forgot which this is... so many visited and so much wine drunk...

Friday we met up the group at Van der Vivjer Winery. Everyone met at Tower Cigars but Mary needed extra sleep to recover so we missed that.

Friday night herf at the American Exchange Hotel in Sutter Creek -Swissy (back to camera), Blue Dragon (hat), DePasta, Alice (NorCalCigarLover's better half), sned45 (blue shirt), Star (sned45 girlfriend)

continued in next post...

old vine Zin at Story winery... 108 years old!

barrel tasting at Story vinyard

Allen (sned45), Dan (DePasta), Cory (Blue Dragon), Jim (Swissy), David (NorCalCigarLover)

the group at Vino Noceto

street view of downtown Sutter Creek on Hwy 49

other direction...

American Exchange Hotel in Sutter Creek

Ken, a friend of David's, and Evan (Elittle) enjoying a gourmet treat of chocolate chip cookie slathered in Salmon Spread :)puke:)

Saturday Herf...
L-R: Allen (sned45), David (NorCalCigarLover), Cory (Blue Dragon), Alice (NorCal's better half), Evan (Elittle), Jason (PuroEsq), Phil (Insight), Ken (NorCal's friend) and Dan (Depasta)

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I really wish I could have made it this year.

Thanks for the pictures Jim, makes it that much more difficult to have missed this one.

oh yeah... forgot to add that some rather snobby cigars went down in flames! Personally, I had:

BBMF Maddie with Josh
60's Dunhill with Phil
RyJ Cedros with Kevin (I was supposed to smoke the Condes 109 1st but did not have the time due to a possible revolt by The Wine Whore©)
Condes 109 1st on Friday
leg of Part Culebra on Saturday
Dunhill Estupendo on Saturday
something on Sunday...

and a ton of good memories! Thanks everyone for a great trip. Mary and I had a TON of fun, and look forward to the next.

What a GREAT weekend! Thanks to all of you who joined us for making it so memorable. Thanks to NorCalMark at Towers Cigars for the fantastic smokes and thanks to Kevin for hosting the pre-HERF fun at the winery.

You bet we'll be doing this again next year!

:cool: