• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nostalgia Playlist

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
Due to my boredom at work, I’ve decided to make a top 10 nostalgia playlist. Thought it would be fun to see what all you guys listened to in your childhood/early adulthood. Plus maybe you guys will give me some new music for the ride to work to break up the monotony! 🤣 Hope this brings some happy memories to you all during this strange time!

Here’s my top ten in no particular order
  1. Santana ft. Rob Thomas - Smooth
  2. Red Hop a Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue
  3. Creed - One Last Breath
  4. Dead Kennedys - Police Truck
  5. Collective Soul - Slide
  6. Bodyjar - Not the Same
  7. Tal Bachman - She’s so High
  8. Goldfinger - Superman
  9. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
  10. Sex Pistols - God Save the Queen

Last edited:
I don't have a top ten, but 1 and 9 might be in there if I did. I have all different tastes in music from The Beatles to Styx, ELO, Foreigner, Journey type stuff to Dr. Dre, Eminem, TuPac type of stuff. There even is some country stuff mixed in there too. And if its bubblegum pop crap, I'm there with you too (I blame the kids). I dislike the Phantom Of The Opera. My dad loves it, and I've heard it enough to drive me crazy, so that kind of stuff drives me nuts. Been many years since I've had to deal with it (thankfully) however.

Funny you mention Phantom. My GF listens to the soundtrack all the time and is listening to it right now as a matter of fact.

Interesting question. Hmmm. So this wouldn't be my current top 10 list, but thinking back to my childhood and up to high school. Most of these have a story behind them.

1) Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
2) Stone Temple Pilots - Dead and Bloated
3) Alice in Chains - Man in The Box
4) Guns and Roses - Sweet Child 'O Mine
5) Metallica - Enter Sandman
6) Faith No More - Epic
7) Beastie Boys - Paul Revere
8) House of Pain - Jump Around
9) Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name
10) LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out

Damn...this was A LOT harder than I thought. I bumped many off that list and I didn't even go through my whole library.

Funny you mention Phantom. My GF listens to the soundtrack all the time and is listening to it right now as a matter of fact.

Interesting question. Hmmm. So this wouldn't be my current top 10 list, but thinking back to my childhood and up to high school. Most of these have a story behind them.

6) Faith No More - Epic

Damn...this was A LOT harder than I thought. I bumped many off that list and I didn't even go through my whole library.
I agree that wasn’t my current list. Just back in the day. And yeah, you have me wanting to bump a few off my list now. Your 1,3 and 7 are definitely up there

6) Faith No More - Epic

Oh man, not sure how I left Rage, Soundgarden, and Beastie Boys all off my lists? My high school me would be so disappointed.

It's impossible to get everything from such a wide range in years. Soundgarden was a given for me, being my favorite all-time band. I remember hearing Rage on the radio long before I knew who they were (funny trivia, their first show was at the local university, Cal State Northridge, that I would later go to). I remember listening to License To Ill by the Beastie Boys as a kid and having my mind blown in later years finding out they were three Jewish dudes from NY.

But it wasn't until HS that I started listening to more hard rock/metal. Prior to that in my childhood years I just listened to pop radio and whatever my older brother listened to. Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Eazy E, Ice Cube, Motley Crue, NIN, Michael Jackson, Pantera, Public Enemy, Sir Mix-A-Lot, and others could have definitely made my list.

My love of redheads started with this one. I still have this song in my mp3 catalog.

I remember being a wee pegleg when "I" (meaning my mother) bought this for my sister for Christmas. It was way back when cassettes would sometimes come packaged like LPs, and I remember the album cover having much the same effect. I accidentally ripped the wrapping paper on it several times between the initial wrap and when my mom finally got wise (probably was afraid it would end up with more adhesive than just Scotch tape) and kept off of the presents in her room until Christmas morning.

Also, nostalgia: What time period in life are we nostalgiating for? As others have said, it's hard to pick only 10 over 42 years.

Jeff, older brothers was how I discovered the Beastie Boys.

Nick, went with high school/college mostly.

Theres no way I can say these are my top ten because as I started thinking about it I easily came up with ten more bands that aren’t represented......

Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the devil
Who - Baba O’riley
Doobie Brothers - Jesus is just alright
Crosby, Stills, Nash - Woodstock
Little Feat - Willin
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme three steps
Grateful Dead - Sugar magnolia
Eagles - Peaceful easy feeling
Led Zeppelin- whole lotta love
Allaman Brothers - Crossroads

Marshal Tucker
Eric Clapton
Beatles
Doors
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Clash
Talking Heads
Hendrix
Aerosmith
Pink Floyd

Another song that reminds me of bombing around town with the old man when I was a kid is ‘Jump, Jive and Wail - The Brian Setzer Orchestra

I'm glad Thinde jumped in because I was feeling OLD. 😂

"Back when MTV played videos?" Really? How about back when there were THREE channels, you had to walk over to the TV to change them, and if you wanted to "download" music you phoned in a request to the DJ and then sat there with your cassette recorder hoping they didn't talk over the opening chords! 🤪

I guess my Top 10 List if we're cutting it off at high school would have stuff like:

1. David Bowie: Ziggie Stardust (and Changes, and Heroes, and Fame, and ....)
2. KISS: God of Thunder
3. Blue Oyster Cult: Godzilla
4. Deep Purple: Smoke on the Water
5. Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention: Trouble Every Day
6. Procul Harum: Whiter Shade of Pale
7. Robin Trower: Bridge of Sighs
8. Derek & the Dominoes: Layla
9. Led Zeppelin: When the Levee Breaks
10. Don McClean: American Pie

Lots lots more. Disco was around, Southern rock was pretty big, heavy metal was nascent, punk rock was starting on the coasts, and my older brother was blasting stuff from the Sixties.

~Boar

My first music purchases were vinyl singles. I don’t remember the order I bought them in, but to my memory they were:
Disco Duck by Rick Dees? I think he did that
Beth/Detroit Rock City by Kiss
Several ABBA singles, I don’t remember what they were specifically
Dirty Deeds by AC/DC (don’t recall the B side)

So I was just planning on lurking. But I have to add this. I love the original and the adaption these guys did. It’s literally my alarm because I love how they do it as well.
Also, this has been stuck in my head. May it continue until eternity in yours.