• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Nostalgia Playlist

So I was just planning on lurking. But I have to add this. I love the original and the adaption these guys did. It’s literally my alarm because I love how they do it as well.
Also, this has been stuck in my head. May it continue until eternity in yours.
YES!

Well going through the painful process of Nick's torture game, I came across this thread and thought I need a break. Besides no one is winning Nick's contest, it's fucking brutal!!!

No particular order here and 10 just wouldn't even come close to any of my playlist but here goes......
1) Anything from Pearl Jams "TEN" album
2) Psycho killer - Talking Heads
3) Billy Idol - Eyes without a Face
4) Anything from Dr. Dre "The Chronic" album
5) Anything from The D.O.C. "No One Can Do It Better" album
6) Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus or Policy of Truth
7) INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
8) New Order - Blue Monday or Bizarre Love Triangle
9) Pep Shop Boys - Opportunities or West End Girls
10) The Smiths - How soon is Now

I could go on and on here but there is a few.... Edit: Just realized all but 1 maybe 2 of these are before Haden was born, FUCK I'm getting old!!!

Last edited:
Well going through the painful process of Nick's torture game, I came across this thread and thought I need a break. Besides no one is winning Nick's contest, it's fucking brutal!!!

No particular order here and 10 just wouldn't even come close to any of my playlist but here goes......

I could go on and on here but there is a few.... Edit: Just realized all but 1 maybe 2 of these are before Haden was born, FUCK I'm getting old!!!

I like it!

I'd throw some Bob Marley, Counting Crows, ACDC, Motley Crue, Prince and others in there. Way too many choices, to have 1 playlist.

No love for GnR ?

Can I add another hip hop song to the list...
DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
He literally uses the word nostalgia...

Two best parts of that video...one the go speed racer go t-shirt. Love it lol. And did DJ jazzy Jeff even have a line in that song? Nothing against him but he is in the video...

I could have sworn he did have some vocal stuff in the things he did with will smith but maybe not...was so long ago. Tried to look it up but it seems few and far between?

This old school stuff is the best by far. Today’s stuff just seems so commercial..

Last edited:
Two best parts of that video...one the go speed racer go t-shirt. Love it lol. And did DJ jazzy Jeff even have a line in that song? Nothing against him but he is in the video...

This old school stuff is the best by far. Today’s stuff just seems so commercial..
Jazzy Jeff was just the DJ in the duo and handled all the beats, I don’t think he ever had any lines in any of their songs... Yes the old stuff was soooo much better!!!

Jazzy Jeff was just the DJ in the duo and handled all the beats, I don’t think he ever had any lines in any of their songs... Yes the old stuff was soooo much better!!!

Haha yup. Was just looking back and edited my post to reflect that. I could have sworn he had some vocals but maybe not. Still love it though :)

A few I keep going back to are:
Gorillaz - Feel Good INC, Clint Eastwood
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Everlast - What it’s like
OutKast - So fresh, So Clean, Ms Jackson
Moby - Southside
a-ha - Take On Me
Snoop Dogg & Jermaine Dupri - We Just Wanna Party
50 Cent - Many Men

I could keep going

My playlists are usually pretty eclectic

A few I keep going back to are:
Gorillaz - Feel Good INC, Clint Eastwood
Audioslave - Like a Stone
Everlast - What it’s like
OutKast - So fresh, So Clean, Ms Jackson
Moby - Southside
a-ha - Take On Me
Snoop Dogg & Jermaine Dupri - We Just Wanna Party
50 Cent - Many Men

I could keep going

My playlists are usually pretty eclectic
I can say from this playlist, you would be my favorite preacher

Wow, I had no idea there were so many kids on here....

Nostalgia? How about something ... older... ?

I tend to think in terms of albums...

Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach (saw them twice around then, once with and once after Duane, probably my favorite band of all time)
Pink Floyd - Ummaguma (saw them in 1973 on the DSOTM tour)
Grateful Dead - Europe '72 (saw them at the end of that tour, performed essentially the entire set) (and many other times)
Derek and the Dominos - Layla (saw the same band basically at an Allm Bros concert, with Clapton etc, 1973)
Traffic - Low Sparks of High Heeled Boys (never saw them live, damnit)
The Doors - Morrison Hotel (same, damnit)
The Who - Who's Next (saw Townsend with Clapton and others but never The Who, damnit)

and forward in time a bit

Cowboy Junkies - Trinity Session
Amy Whinehouse - Back to Black

and back a little further

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

If this works, these are my favorites from 2020, but if I have to pick top 10 ish from my youth
Dust in the Wind - Kansas
Dreamer - Supertramp
Tower - Angel
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
More Than A Feeling - Boston
Double Vision - Foreigner
Never Been Any Reason - Head East
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Working Man - Rush
Stranglehold - Ted Nugent
Come Sail Away - Styx
Wheel in the Sky - Journey