• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask

statelandman

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I've done some searches and looked around at the beginner's info, etc., and I can't seem to find the answer, so here goes.
If I start a cigar pass, what should I put in the tuperdor to help maintain the humidity? How big should the tuperdor be for a pass that's starting with, say, 10-15 cigars?
Remember, I'm a complete newbie to cigar passes, so flame me if you want, but someone please also try to answer the questions, okay?
Thanks!!

I dont know if this is of any help or not,but here goes. First you may want to try a few bombs to get known. After that you may want to ask to join a pass first. It is amazing what kind of things can go wrong or minor details forgotten. Most of the time I see folks in here correcting them and keeping the pass going. It is great way to learn , esp. since passes seem to fit the person. They have all been fun but each has its own character. :p Any way, I havnt even done a pass yet so not sure if im qualified to answer this, so take it for wha it is worth :thumbs:

I think that sibernation's suggestions are all good. And I have less experience here than he, however...
you may want to ask to join a pass first.
...what pass would that be?! I wish someone would start one (as this is CigarPass, for crying out loud). Kidding, of course, and there are some good one's going on as we speak (well, write). Still, I am eager to see a new one started. But, as sibernation pointed out, it is necessary to be organized and get everything right. There is a lot invested in the cigars that are being passed around. SD_Stack is a good one to PM on this subject as he jumped right in and started a pass as a newbie.

First things first. Welcome to CP statelandman. Hope you'll have as much fun around here as we do. Everything siber said is true. You probably should do a few trades first to get acquainted. You'll be expected to send your part of the trade first - don't be offended by this. You're probably a great guy but we don't know you yet.

To answer your question....it doesn't have to be anything fancy. Some film cannisters with oasis foam will work, a regular credo like you would find in a desktop humi, a small tupperware container with oasis or climmax beads. Anything like that. Climmax also makes some tubo humidifiers that will humidfy up to 25 cigars iirc.

And don't worry....when you do your first pass, you WILL screw something up. But it's ok, somebody will help pick up the slack. When I did the Gumbo Pass I forgot to put my name as the last person on the list. :D DaveWF almost got to keep the thing. Also somewhere on this site (I think there's link on the front page) is a Cigar Pass How-to guide. That will probably answer most of your questions.

Blair, things usually slow down in the summer so be patient. There ought to be some passes starting up in the fall. I know SD is thinking of doing another one. I know I'm thinking of starting an all Habana pass if I can scrape together enough sticks. Maybe after a couple more installments of IGBC I'll have enough to go for it.

Back