• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

On my way to see Christopher Robbin.
Last 2 movies I saw were JP:Fallen kingdom and Tag ( which was pretty good)

Watching Tin Star on Amazon, seems pretty good. Also just binged the All or Nothing season 3 (Dallas Cowboys) man am I ready for some football.
Also, on S1E3 of The Dukes of Hazard!!!!!

T

Watched "The Meg" at the theater a few days ago (The Short One is on a shark kick...), and it's exactly what you'd expect a Jason Statham with an oversized-CGI-shark movie to be.

The last two nights we watched "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", and "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". Tonight, we shall finish the trilogy with "War for Planet of the Apes".

Watched "War" the night I wrote this. It honestly wasn't what I was expecting/hoping the plot to be, but overall a good movie. The child cried. A lot.

Crazy Rich Asians the other night. I highly recommend. I thought it was excellent and very charming. Also, Ip Man is excellent for some martial arts action.

I just finished Amazon's new "Jack Ryan" series. I was looking forward to this for quite some time, which is possibly why the disappointment stings so much. Though the storytelling is good, it is Jack Ryan in name of title character, alone. It is a generic terrorist plot with nothing else that has anything to do with Tom Clancy Ryanverse canon. I get they did not want to adopt one of the books for this, and that's fine, but there is nothing remotely "Jack Ryan" about this show. At least we got Bunk from "The Wire" as the opposite lead...

I feel where you are coming from...I like that it a well done show from a production, acting, writing point of view.

I am not well read in Clancy's Universe

Well, having been produced by Michael Bay, better known for the Transformers and Purge franchises, the level of slam bang violence certainly did not disappoint. Beyond that, I felt like the characterization work on the bad guy was kind of phoned in by the writing team. Lead's likable in the role but apart from him most of the characters seemed a bit stale. At least half the cast was just going through the motions. Still a good watch overall, for the most part.

~Boar

Sidenote, watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night (it finally dropped on Amazon Prime) and mostly LOVED it. Terrific CGI, loads of tension, over the top action, lots of nods to the original, and they even managed to get a kid and a dinosaur in the same room yet again. Even Goldblum shows up! ;)

Some of the same storytelling flaws as Jurassic World, but even so .... good watch.

~Boar

Finished Jack Ryan. I liked it even knowing it diverted from book canon.

Just started Ozark season 2... Holy crap it's dark and depressing, and I can't stop watching it.

Just started Mayans M.C. on Amazon Prime. Watched the premiere & immediately bought the season. Kurt Sutter's still got it!

Always loved Mexican style Harleys---full fenders, bagger pipes, sky high apes, 120 spoke rims, chrome chrome chrome. Show gets it right!

~Boar

Just started Mayans M.C. on Amazon Prime. Watched the premiere & immediately bought the season. Kurt Sutter's still got it!

Always loved Mexican style Harleys---full fenders, bagger pipes, sky high apes, 120 spoke rims, chrome chrome chrome. Show gets it right!

~Boar

I marathoned all 7 seasons of Sons of Anarchy over Christmas break about two years ago. I really liked it, so will probably give Mayans a go.

Sidenote, watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night (it finally dropped on Amazon Prime) and mostly LOVED it. Terrific CGI, loads of tension, over the top action, lots of nods to the original, and they even managed to get a kid and a dinosaur in the same room yet again. Even Goldblum shows up! ;)

Some of the same storytelling flaws as Jurassic World, but even so .... good watch.

~Boar
I have really liked the reboot with Pratt.....he is much under-rated in my opinion.....

Finished Jack Ryan. I liked it even knowing it diverted from book canon.

Just started Ozark season 2... Holy crap it's dark and depressing, and I can't stop watching it.
I started watching Ozarks season 1 last year but stopped during my move, need to pick it up again.

I have really liked the reboot with Pratt.....he is much under-rated in my opinion.....

I like Pratt in this. He's great in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, too!

Really, really don't like the "bro-toned" writing of his relationship with Claire, though. Lazy scripting. And the plot's shot full of holes stuffed with one-dimensional bad guys. But .... DINOSAURS! Still loved it.

~Boar

Reactions: MX
Looking forward to a bunch of these shows but recently got hooked on The Handmaid’s Tale. Little slow at first but it picks up a couple of episodes in.

BlackkkKlansman - Surprisingly funny. If you enjoy Spike Lee movies, this is a good one.
Also saw Crazy Rich Asians, and it was fun, if a bit fluffy.

~Boar
Agreed. I watched the first episode last night and thought it was good. Definitely shows a lot of potential. Some moments were a bit hokey and over the top, but I suppose that's to be expected.

It definitely stokes my heritage from my mom's side in me a bit. I have no money or motorcycle riding skills to get into that, but I could bolt some ape hanger handle bars onto my fat tire beach cruiser. Hmmmm....

Reactions: MX
Anyone watch Upgrade yet? I watched that the other night not expecting a whole lot, and was like “holy shit” at the end. Maybe I’m a little slow, but it wasn’t as predictable at the end as most movies are. I don’t want to say more than that to spoil it for anyone.

Just saw Operation Finale. It was very good. If you're a history buff, especially of WW2, go see it.

Anyone watch Upgrade yet? I watched that the other night not expecting a whole lot, and was like “holy shit” at the end. Maybe I’m a little slow, but it wasn’t as predictable at the end as most movies are. I don’t want to say more than that to spoil it for anyone.

Saw the trailer, def need to watch it.