• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Now Playing....(Movies and Reviews)

Started Counterpart with JK Simmons.
Two episodes down, and seems to be getting better as it goes.

I'm really liking it. All of the acting is just superb and the storyline's great. J. K. Simmons is SO perfect for the role!

Also watched the Full metal Alchemist movie on netflix.....me and my daughter enjoyed that as well!!!!

Watched Full Metal last night here too . . . loved the original manga/anime and was impressed with how faithful the locations, sets, costumes, even the actors were to the originals. They'd have needed an MCU to get the original storylines all in, but for compressing it to movie length I thought they did an excellent job.

~Boar

I powered through 4 seasons of Black Mirror on Netflix over the past few weeks. Aside from the first episode* this entire series was phenomenal. Talk about showing the depravity of man through the use of various different types of technology. The concept behind each episode (which are completely independent of each other) is what kept me intrigued. Well worth watching!

*The concept and idea behind the first episode is good, its just pretty graphic and has to potential of turning one away from the show entirely. I'd recommend watching the first episode after watching a few other episodes first.

Just got done watching American Gods with the Starz free trial week. Haven't read the book but enjoyed the show very much...anything with Ian McShane is going to win me over, but you throw in some Crispin Glover and it's a sealed deal.

Watched a couple of good but big bummer movies back to back...It Comes at Night, and Killing of a Sacred Deer. Just some very questionable parenting in those flicks...

Just got done watching American Gods with the Starz free trial week. Haven't read the book but enjoyed the show very much...anything with Ian McShane is going to win me over, but you throw in some Crispin Glover and it's a sealed deal.

Watched a couple of good but big bummer movies back to back...It Comes at Night, and Killing of a Sacred Deer. Just some very questionable parenting in those flicks...

What'd you think about It comes at night? I watched it last year sometime. Curious to hear what you thought about it.

What'd you think about It comes at night? I watched it last year sometime. Curious to hear what you thought about it.
I liked it quite a bit, nice take on an overdone theme. They really took the time to develop the tension, and that final scene in the woods was a gut wrencher. Pretty effective at creating the darkest view of trust and family relationships.

Just finished Knightfall. I love Historical series and this did not disappoint. If you enjoy Vikings, Outlander, Black Sails, Turn etc you should enjoy this as well.

Five episodes into The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix.
Pretty enjoyable, so far. Lots of suspense and dead ends as Ned Stark (Sean Bean) hunts down some madman that has assembled a Frankenstein's monster using children's body parts.

The Shape of Water landed on Amazon tonight and . . . . oh, holy shit! Guillermo del Toro, man. Jeebus Tapdancing Krispy Kremes.

Seriously amazing movie. Just . . . wow.

~Boar

Watched Mute the other night.
It was odd yet interesting.

Five episodes into The Frankenstein Chronicles on Netflix.
Pretty enjoyable, so far. Lots of suspense and dead ends as Ned Stark (Sean Bean) hunts down some madman that has assembled a Frankenstein's monster using children's body parts.

5 episodes and Sean (the incredible dying man) is still going???? Impressive.

The Shape of Water landed on Amazon tonight and . . . . oh, holy shit! Guillermo del Toro, man. Jeebus Tapdancing Krispy Kremes.

Seriously amazing movie. Just . . . wow.

~Boar
I don’t want to ruin it for you. But..... there’s a video comparison floating around the interweb stating that the movie is basically a remake of “Splash” from the 80’s. I have yet to see the movie, therefore, I have to believe that it’s mere coincidence and very well selected scenes to make this appear as if the movies have anything to do with one another.

I don’t want to ruin it for you. But..... there’s a video comparison floating around the interweb stating that the movie is basically a remake of “Splash” from the 80’s. I have yet to see the movie, therefore, I have to believe that it’s mere coincidence and very well selected scenes to make this appear as if the movies have anything to do with one another.

1410203412485.gif

Uhhhhhm . . . having seen both . . . no. :confused:

~Boar

I watched "Only The Brave" last week.

Man, I can not even fathom living through those events.

All in all a very well done movie.

T

Over the last week I've watched the first two seasons of Justified.

Definitely enjoying it.

I loved that show. Olyphant is amazing, and Elmore Leonard's script direction was just unparalleled. Like his novels, it's all about the dialogue. I have it all saved in my Amazon library and may have to revisit it this summer.

~Boar

I saw Phanton Thread. Daniel Day Lewis does an excellent job. Supposedly it is his last film.
I enjoyed it, but, I also enjoy Masterpiece Theater on PBS so... you are warned.

Reactions: MX
Has anyone seen the second season of Sneaky Pete? Season 1 was really good, and I can't wait to see how season two starts out.

Have not watched Sneaky Pete yet, but it does look good, as well as McMafia.....

Sneaky Pete is probably at the top of my list when I decide to binge another show.