• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NYC, here we come

Gator

I just decided (damn you Jfields, you gave me the idea :laugh: ) to take my Wife to NYC for her 41'st Bday, she absolutely loves it up there. We went Feb. 06, during the record snow storm, but it was a tough trip as we were trying to figure out if we could stay married, looked grim at the time.Well, low and behold, Marriage is better that it's ever been :thumbs: , looks like we're gonna make it.

She loves to go to Brodaway plays, and shop, i got that part figured out, but could stand some recommendations on lodging (close to Madison Ave, last time we stayed at Waldorf.

Actually any guidance / advice would be mucho appreciated!

Glad to hear it, gonna be a good time this go around Bro! They all cost about the same...... we had our flight back cancelled due to snow in DC. So, we went to pretty much every hotel in the area of Madison and Lexington checking prices. All within $25.00 bucks of each other. We ended up back at the Roosevelt as we thought it was pretty nice. Average $250.00 a night. Is it a suprise?

Glad to hear you you two are doing well. So nice for your girls.
A nice place to have a ritzy "treat her" dinner would be Rothmans but, make reservations.

Bro, I hear ya on marriages, and discussions about things looking grimm!! Enjoy your trip, and make the most of it!! I think I have the best woman in the world.....and I should! As should you!!!! I dont know how long you have been married, but it has been three years for me this June, and I would not trade it for the world!! Things always have a way of working out, and you realize how special what you have really is.... :thumbs:

Just speaking from experience....YMMV however!! :D

If you want to save about $100 bucks a night on the average hotel price (without staying in a dump) I recommend the Courtyard by Marriott on E 92nd Street. I've stayed there (stood there????) and it's really nice. Small rooms and kinda out of the way, but a brand new hotel, ultra clean and freandly staff. (fantastic neighborhood too)

Bro, I hear ya on marriages, and discussions about things looking grimm!! Enjoy your trip, and make the most of it!! I think I have the best woman in the world.....and I should! As should you!!!! I dont know how long you have been married, but it has been three years for me this June, and I would not trade it for the world!! Things always have a way of working out, and you realize how special what you have really is.... :thumbs:

Just speaking from experience....YMMV however!! :D

We've been married 17 years, and we both agree now that neither of us thought a marriage could be as good as it is right now.

Yeah, this will probably be a surprise trip, and will definitely have to carve out a couple hours to meet up w/ some of the BOTLs in the area

Enjoy your trip to the Big Apple with the lucky lady. A great town to visit and explore. If you get a chance and are interested in Jazz, check out the BlueNote or the Village Vanguard in Greenwich Village. Again, have a great time. :thumbs:

Sounds like you are in for a great time. tonyrocks makes a good point as far as the Courtyard Marriott.

Marriott Marquis in midtown is also an option.... right in the middle of everything

You might want to do a Priceline bid, I've stayed in midtown for $115 a night instead of $225. Good luck!

You might want to do a Priceline bid, I've stayed in midtown for $115 a night instead of $225. Good luck!

Duh! Why didn't I think of that. My wife did the same thing. She got the airline tickets and everything through one of those things. She said all in all with two airline tickets and hotel accom. plus a New York pass thing she got, it was a little over $700.
I remember her making a comment when we had to book an extra night about the difference. I believe the first night through the web based was $168.00 and the unexpected night was $259.00. Personally, I liked staying where we did. It was within walking distance to most everything we did. And within a three minute walk to Grand Central. We took the subway to Ground zero and to see the bodies museum.

I'm probably going to use points for the flights, and maybe points for the hotel, unless i can get a steal on Priceline (never used them before, was scared to purchase w/ out knowing the exact hotel), thanks for that AVB!

I'm probably going to use points for the flights, and maybe points for the hotel, unless i can get a steal on Priceline (never used them before, was scared to purchase w/ out knowing the exact hotel), thanks for that AVB!

You can't go wrong with Priceline. I use it every time I stay in Manhattan. Don't worry about not knowing what your going to get, you won't end up in a dive. You can pick your neighborhood and rating of your hotel. On a weekend with nothing special going on,
e.g. Valentine's Day, I've gotten three star rooms for $80 before fees.

Change of plans, maybe. My brother in law suggested Chicago (we've never been) and she's expressed an interest in going there, so that maybe what we do. Thinking of staying at The Conrad (i can use HHonor points), anyone have any feedback about this hotel, Chicago, NYC vs Chicago? Any good cigar bars there?

Go to NYC...

Spend a nice quiet dinner at the Jekyll & Hyde Club

* 1409 Sixth Ave., New York, NY 10019
* between 57th and 58th Sts.
* 212-541-9517

Fish

Going to ChiTown, booked at the Conrad, arrive April 19, leave April 22. Any BOTL in the area? any suggestions on somewhere after dinner to have a drink and a cigar (i've looked at CA's list, but could use any reccomendation)? Can't miss restaurants?

Any input would be very beneficial, this bumpkin ain't never been in that there big city. Dem Yankee folks ain't a gonna get me is they, i hear they don't like us'n redneck Southern folk