• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

oasis xl or beads

hectortmc

I'm getting a 300 count humidor measurments are 18 3/4''w 11 1/2''d 10 1/4'' h.
My question is this would you get a 4oz. bead tube or the oasis xl humidifier? Thanks for your help.Also would like someones opinion on the oasis xl :whistling:

I have the 300 ct "Treasure Dome" - I have the 65 beads - they are bullet proof - by the way, I don't think my 300 count holds anywhere near 300 cigars.

Can you combine the Cigar Oasis and Beads? Do they run off different chemicals?

I would go beads, 1/5th the price, they are dummy proof and the only maintenance cost is 99c of distilled water every year. I believe the oasis you have to change a filter or something of that nature.

Same here, one of my humis is a 300ct ravello. It will only hold about 175 robustos.

cookie_1978 said:
I have the 300 ct "Treasure Dome" - I have the 65 beads - they are bullet proof - by the way, I don't think my 300 count holds anywhere near 300 cigars.
[snapback]276055[/snapback]​

I have regular Oasis's in 2 of my humidors & 1 Oasis XL plus an a 500 count ;) Humidor . I have never tried the beads but I'm doing a wine cooler and I will probably go with them to avoid any condensation problems. But I love my CO's :D

I think it boils down to this. How dry is it there? If your skin is always dry, cracking, or spliting, then I suggest the Oasis. If the humidity outside average %40-%60 year round I'd go with the beads. Oasis seems to release humidity a lot faster than beads. But then again, it seems to absorb humidity a lot slower than beads.
I go with beads year round in my fridge-dor, and toss in a charged foam puck when it gets dry during the winter months. 1 charged puck has remained fairly charged for over a month now, so I am gonna take it out after this cold snap as it is un-needed.
Emo

emodx said:
I think it boils down to this. How dry is it there? If your skin is always dry, cracking, or spliting, then I suggest the Oasis. If the humidity outside average %40-%60 year round I'd go with the beads. Oasis seems to release humidity a lot faster than beads. But then again, it seems to absorb humidity a lot slower than beads.
I go with beads year round in my fridge-dor, and toss in a charged foam puck when it gets dry during the winter months. 1 charged puck has remained fairly charged for over a month now, so I am gonna take it out after this cold snap as it is un-needed.
Emo
[snapback]276291[/snapback]​

You hit the nail on the head! I'm in Ca.,& not next to the ocean, so humidity is very low year round. I don't know about the skin cracking & spliting. We do have the gnasning of teeth & speak in tongues though :D
_1646912_tongueruler300.jpg

cookie_1978 said:
[snapback]276055[/snapback]​

I also have a 300 ct "Treasure Dome" humi and the beads work great. I use a 1 ounce tube on the top rack and a 4 ounce tube in the bottom..

I also use beads in my 100 ct desktop and love em'

I guess another way of asking this is whether you want active or passive humidity replenishment. Personally, I have a 3 Cigar Oasis units and I love every last one of them. They keep my puros at the proper humidity (though in the beginning I had to watch and tweek an awful lot before I got accustomed to keeping my Oasis units fine tuned to my liking).

They keep my purose in the 65-67% RH categorie and I would never do without them!

Having said that, I have not tried the beads but know that when a situation arises where I would need them, I would certainly not feel like I'm stepping out on a limb of unfamiliar territory; it would seem that almost EVERYONE around here loves them. And that vote of confidence is good enough for me!

Darren :)

KayakinBoy said:
Can you combine the Cigar Oasis and Beads? Do they run off different chemicals?
[snapback]276057[/snapback]​

Can anyone answer this? I was wondering about getting a bigger cooler and getting a cigar oasis and then beads also... I think the beads work, but the cigar oasis would be like a back up, or vice versa... what makes the cigar oasis work? Do you just fill it with distilled water? ???