• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Obtaining Automotive Service Records

grateful1

Oh My!
I know when I had a used Benz, a few years back, I was able to walk into a dealer and give them my VIN and have the complete(national) list of all the work that was ever preformed - by a dealer.

Can I do that with Nissan?

If you can help...please pm me or offer suggestions here.

The used car dealer(non-nissan) had to bring the car over to a nissan dealer to fix the clutch and I'd like to know what was done....the NON-nissan dealer just said 'it's fixed'.

Yes...we are submitting paperwork to DMV as many issues have occurred with this company.

Thanks!

I know when I had a used Benz, a few years back, I was able to walk into a dealer and give them my VIN and have the complete(national) list of all the work that was ever preformed - by a dealer.

The used car dealer(non-nissan) had to bring the car over to a nissan dealer to fix the clutch and I'd like to know what was done....the NON-nissan dealer just said 'it's fixed'.

Yes...we are submitting paperwork to DMV as many issues have occurred with this company.

Thanks!

I believe your best bet is to go to the dealership they took the car to and ask their service manager/writer to look it up for you. The information will be in their system it is just a question of whether or not they release it to you. If you go to the Nissan website you can usually register your VIN with them but that usually only gives you feedback on any safety recalls.

Thanks!

I believe your best bet is to go to the dealership they took the car to and ask their service manager/writer to look it up for you. The information will be in their system it is just a question of whether or not they release it to you. If you go to the Nissan website you can usually register your VIN with them but that usually only gives you feedback on any safety recalls.

Cool....Thanks!

What Desertrat said Gary. Thing is, if the previous owner(s) took it to an independent shop for anything other than warranty, you will not see any record of that.
But if what you are looking for is just a track record, then the dealership should be able to help you out.

Let me know if you need a list of recalls, or technical service bulletins for this car.

I believe the http://www.carfax.com/ vehicle reports encompass the most complete list available.
Oftentimes the seller will actually pay for that report themselves only so they can prove to buyers that thier vehicle is in the clear, but even if you have to pay, who cares? Money well spent to be sure!

I believe the http://www.carfax.com/ vehicle reports encompass the most complete list available.
Oftentimes the seller will actually pay for that report themselves only so they can prove to buyers that thier vehicle is in the clear, but even if you have to pay, who cares? Money well spent to be sure!

Carfax is a joke. I've had flood damaged, and wrecked cars with frame damage come through me which had no records of any such issues reported through CarFax. Just like anything else out there........Create new technology and the crooks just find other ways to get around it.