• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Octoberfest

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
What is your favorite ? For me it's Paulaner out of bottles and Spaten out of the tap. Forgive the spelling, I've been doing a lot of research today.

I haven't had it in a while but I remember Spaten Oktoberfest being very good.  The style seems to have a lot of latitude though as some versions are lighter and crisp while others, like the Spaten, or darker and more robust.  I just had Avery The Kaiser recently and that was solid, though at around 10% ABV not really a sessionable beer.

Avery The Kaiser! Honestly, I would have never of known it was 10%.

jfields said:
Avery The Kaiser! Honestly, I would have never of known it was 10%.
Doesn't that make it Barley wine?

Doc

I enjoy the Breckenrige Autumn Ale.  The Palaner is a staple.  I'm not much for pumpkin spices, but I had the North Peak Brewing Hooligan Pumpkin this weekend and it was tasty.  It was hopped more than most pumpkin beer.  Erdinger and Brooklyn are also pretty good.  Normally I enjoy my own Octoberfest brew.

Pyramid's Oktoberfest is pretty good.  I'm going to try more this year, hopefully add a couple more that hit the spot.