• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ok since I know most of us do not nub every cigar...

butt length of...

• I NUB THEM ALL! (less than an inch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • up to an inch but not over

• between 1 and 2 inches

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • between 2 and 3 inches

• over 3 inches

• I follow the Winston Churchill method and only smoke half regradless of how good the cigar is

• Depends on the type of cigar... explain in a post please

• Total voters

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I only nub cigars every once in a great while. So I got curious today and dumped out the ceramic flower pot I use for a end station for my cigars and measured the butts (This was really nasty BTW... do it outside :laugh: ).

My butts average out to 1 and 1/2 inches.

How about you?

*edited poll*

I usually nub my cigars. When I get down to the last cm, I think about your Padron Millenium review where you say you smoked the nub in your pipe :thumbs: . Now that's the way to nub your smokes!

I find that the average smoke begins to get hot in the 1-2" range, which is where I tend to put a stick down.

I only nub cigars every once in a great while. So I got curious today and dumped out the ceramic flower pot I use for a end station for my cigars and measured the butts (This was really nasty BTW... do it outside :laugh: ).

I hope you took a picture or two of all this!

I hope you took a picture or two of all this!

And get tar and nicotine stains all over my new camera? I think not! :sign:

No really I was too busy holding my breath to take pictures...

You left out a category. It depends on the cigar.

Doc

When I went to vote, I immediately clicked on 1-2...but then I stopped and thought about it and realized it has more to do with what the length of the cigar was that I started with. Smoking down a churchill or torpedo to 1-2 inches is a challenge for me...most of the time I get that crappy after taste that ruins what I just accomplished with my palette.

So I went with 2-3 thinking of those sizes and I would say 1-2 for robustos and belis...so for me it's a combo answer....and taken for granted in this discussion is that the cigar being smoked is 'right enough' to get to this point of enjoyment!

You guys using a tooth pick to nub these things are better men than I. :thumbs:

If I can still stand it when it get's down to about an inch, I'll usually keep going until I need the toothpick. This happens about every 5 smokes or so. I find that if they're goint to go sour, it happens way before the 1" mark.

I voted 2 to 3. Although I admit there is a distinct change in taste as you move down the cigar I usually find myself putting it out in what most would consider "early". I guess you could say I smoke it until I feel I'm done. About the only time I will "nub" a smoke is on a nice day while sitting in my recliner out in the sun room.

Call me a savage, and go ahead and call him a savage. It's because of him I shave down my matches to a fine point and stab my nubs to smoke em' to the very end... :thumbs:

Edited to add- I figure I should throw this picture in as well:

S5001020.jpg

That's like a McGyver style cigar roach clip. I don't think I could so it myself. But more power to you.

I am in the 1"-2" range. Typically, I put them out when they start to get hot, or the flavor changes significantly.

I usually smoke to an inch or less. Unless the cigar is just horrible tasting (and I mean horrible tasting) or has really bad burn issues. Although some times I'll have a cigar on the way home from work that I just dont have the time to finish, and Ill have more than an inch left.

It definitely depends on the cigar, time of day, mood etc Shawn.

I can smoke it to the nub, or I can chuck it after one inch.

Brian

Call me a savage, and go ahead and call him a savage. It's because of him I shave down my matches to a fine point and stab my nubs to smoke em' to the very end... :thumbs:

Edited to add- I figure I should throw this picture in as well:

If you were a real man, you'd put the sulfur end in first. ;)

Haha Rod, I was gonna say the same exact thing till I scrolled down and saw you say it!