• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OK you armchair GM's, let's hear your solution!

Jonesy

Got Ink ?
Well, one of the times in a football year that I look forward to is March/ April due to the free agent signing period opening up and the draft next month. Let's hear your expertise on what your team needs to do, or just vent a little like I'm fixin' to do.

CAROLINA PANTHERS

-Well, we've all known Julius Peppers was gone, well now he's a Chicago Bear...

-We all hoped Jake Delhomme would be shown the door, but no one thought about the fact that Matt Moore and Josh McCown would be what's left. We all have high hopes for Moore, but what if he gets hurt?? There aren't any decent backups available this year....

-They released Damione Lewis and Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Tyler Brayton is unrestricted, and once again, Julius Peppers is now a Bear...imploding our D-Line leaving nothing but a few backups who haven't played.

-They cut Na'il Diggs and Landon Johnson leaving only Dan Connor, Jon Beason, and Thomas Davis who is recovering from knee surgery and won't be ready for training camp.

-When was the last time you heard of a Panthers wide receiver other than Steve Smith? It's easy to roll coverage to Smith when you don't worry about getting burned on the other side.

-Oh, did I mention that once again we have no first round draft choice?

MY SOLUTIONS.....

-Trade DeAngelo Williams for a top tier WR or first round pick. Jonathan Stewart is waiting in the wings and we have Goodson and Sutton as backups. Williams contract is up after this year and the Panthers aren't going to pay 2 RB's top dollar to split carries.

-Sign Aaron Kampmann from Green Bay...he's no Pep, but right now, he's the best out there now that KVB signed with the Lions.

-Trade for Michael Vick. I know, I know... I have hated him for his whole career, but I think he's trying to prove to the world that he can still play. He's publicly stated the Panthers were the team he wanted to go to. Question is, will Jerry Richardson open his wallet to someone with Vicks' past when he's still reeling from the whole Rae Carruth debacle.

-Make DT an WR the priority in free agency....take a chance on T.O. he'll take some of the pressure off of Smitty.

-Fire Marty Hurney GM of the Panthers. He's waited to long to make these moves and have ruined the future by trading our first round picks the last two years.

Let's hear what you'd do for your team now!

-

My ravens just finished the deal for Boldin. I am pretty excited, hoping to finally get an offense.

I hate to see a team in disarray, a great GM will make all the difference. They have to be able to work with the head coach to evaluate and recruit talent.

But regardless, you can't have Brees!
sign.gif

Ken

If I were the Chiefs GM I would sit around with my thumb up my ass as free agency gets underway. Then after all the top flight free agents have signed I'd grab up a few more Patriots rejects and talk about how "we were active in free agency, we just didn't get any of the guys we wanted." Then in about a month and a half I would piss away a top 5 draft pick on a lineman who will never amount to anything in the league. Hopefully when that is all over I could keep my team with the lowest payroll in the NFL, while my fat cat owners son collects up about $40 million dollars in revenue sharing money while the NFL destroys itself with it's stupid greed.

It doesn't really matter at this point since the NFL is about to follow the same business model as Major League Baseball. Soon the once proud small market teams like Pittsburgh, KC, and Carolina will be perrenial losers while Jerry Jones makes $40 bazillion dollars a year and buys up all the free agents. Congratulations Roger Goddell, you've destroyed the league that Paul Tagliabue created. :angry:

RAMS

Move back to Cali.
Don't draft Tebow ( unless MLB ) :laugh:
New Ownership
5 More years

Oakland Raiders

Very easy we need to trade for a owner.
Draft an owner!
Franchise tag 'em and get a new owner.

I actually think the owner died a few years back, and they just keep "weekend at Bernies" ie.put a new silver and black jumpsuit on the guy and use a wire to move his arms.

There problem solved!

PJ

Miami Dolphins...

1. Get rid of the 30+ year old players that you think sell tickets
2. Get rid of the players getting DUI's
3. Get a #1 wide receiver
4. Get a linebacker that can cover a tight end

That ought to get us to 8-8. John

Well, one of the times in a football year that I look forward to is March/ April due to the free agent signing period opening up and the draft next month. Let's hear your expertise on what your team needs to do, or just vent a little like I'm fixin' to do.

CAROLINA PANTHERS

-Well, we've all known Julius Peppers was gone, well now he's a Chicago Bear...

-We all hoped Jake Delhomme would be shown the door, but no one thought about the fact that Matt Moore and Josh McCown would be what's left. We all have high hopes for Moore, but what if he gets hurt?? There aren't any decent backups available this year....

-They released Damione Lewis and Ma'ake Kemoeatu, Tyler Brayton is unrestricted, and once again, Julius Peppers is now a Bear...imploding our D-Line leaving nothing but a few backups who haven't played.

-They cut Na'il Diggs and Landon Johnson leaving only Dan Connor, Jon Beason, and Thomas Davis who is recovering from knee surgery and won't be ready for training camp.

-When was the last time you heard of a Panthers wide receiver other than Steve Smith? It's easy to roll coverage to Smith when you don't worry about getting burned on the other side.

-Oh, did I mention that once again we have no first round draft choice?

MY SOLUTIONS.....

-Trade DeAngelo Williams for a top tier WR or first round pick. Jonathan Stewart is waiting in the wings and we have Goodson and Sutton as backups. Williams contract is up after this year and the Panthers aren't going to pay 2 RB's top dollar to split carries.

-Sign Aaron Kampmann from Green Bay...he's no Pep, but right now, he's the best out there now that KVB signed with the Lions.

-Trade for Michael Vick. I know, I know... I have hated him for his whole career, but I think he's trying to prove to the world that he can still play. He's publicly stated the Panthers were the team he wanted to go to. Question is, will Jerry Richardson open his wallet to someone with Vicks' past when he's still reeling from the whole Rae Carruth debacle.

-Make DT an WR the priority in free agency....take a chance on T.O. he'll take some of the pressure off of Smitty.

-Fire Marty Hurney GM of the Panthers. He's waited to long to make these moves and have ruined the future by trading our first round picks the last two years.

Let's hear what you'd do for your team now!

-
....and if my Aunt had a dick she'd be my Uncle.

Redskin's

Hire a hit man to take out Daniel Snyder!