• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Okay, so do dis-similar cigars marry?

Maduros and Candelas should never marry......it's against natural law or something. You end up with those striped cigars and everybody knows how bad they are. ;)

Wait until you meet my wife...or better yet, see our son. :D

Your wife is light green? You're right, I gotta meet your wife!

Maduros and Candelas should never marry......it's against natural law or something. You end up with those striped cigars and everybody knows how bad they are. ;)

Wait until you meet my wife...or better yet, see our son. :D

I only know of a handful of people in the online cigar world who have any cause to worry about marrying of flavors in their cigars and those folks don't store their cigars as singles. Something like this would take years to achieve and most people here don't store cigars for years upon years. Even if this were something to worry about, which I don't believe it is, most palates would not recognize the difference. Now odors are a different thing and cigars can and will absorb odors in their midst. String a Lars Tetens in with your regular cigars will impart a smell onto your regular cigars. Will it affect the flavor, well, maybe. That is to say it will expose your other smoking snese, your sense of smell, to something other than what was originally planned for your regular cigar. So, store your cigars in cello or out, maduros next to naturals or Opus next to Havanas, you'll not know the difference.

If I read inaccurate information, I don't want members walking away thinking something is a fact, when it is not. :)

Same here..........Then why are you telling the members Cohiba Robustos came with cellophane when they didnt......... :D

Bob

Depending on the tobacco used to make the cigar, this process can take as long as 50 years. However, if cigars are kept in cellophane, this process is slowed by as much as 60 percent.

Curious. How did you arrive at these numbers? Thanks!

If I read inaccurate information, I don't want members walking away thinking something is a fact, when it is not. :)

Same here..........Then why are you telling the members Cohiba Robustos came with cellophane when they didnt......... :D

Bob

Uhhh, because they did.......... don't step on your d*ck, you're starting an argument with someone who knows better. At one time or another, ALL Cohibas, excluding the Siglo Series, had cello.

Bob

Uhhh, because they did.......... don't step on your d*ck, you're starting an argument with someone who knows better. At one time or another, ALL Cohibas, excluding the Siglo Series, had cello.

Really........Sorry Matt you are both wrong......... Cohiba Robustos NEVER were cellophane wrapped all the others were.........Trust me......I was there.........and its documented.........

Bob

Bob

It would be quite a mistake to underestimate my experience and knowledge.....Crude comments are not appreciated either........My intent is only to provide correct info.......

Bob

1992 robustos in a slide lid box, purchased via auction at Christies. Unfortunately I smoke my cigars and have no pictures.

I think the subject is getting lost........Marrying of cigars.......Cellophane was discontinued on Cohibas many years ago.......1990 or so

Bob

So, did Cohiba Robustos come wrapped in cello?

1992 robustos in a slide lid box, purchased via auction at Christies. Unfortunately I smoke my cigars and have no pictures.

You don't even want to know what he used the cello for afterward! :laugh:

Really....... Be careful now.............and how long ago were they purchased............What was the lot numbers.....Should be on the box you have...........unless you threw that away I'm guessing

Bob

I also recall a friend purchasing a single or two at Cigarro in Hong Kong that were celloed. If I am not mistaken, these were from 1990 or were listed as such on the sign. This may have not been the norm, but as you should know, the norm was not always the norm in Havana.

Really....... Be careful now.............and how long ago were they purchased............What was the lot numbers.....Should be on the box you have...........unless you threw that away I'm guessing

Bob

Came secondhand via London.... purchased in 1998-99. And no, not from Mitchell.... No longer have the box.

Huh?

A question about marriage has turned into an arguement about a cello which begs the questions.....

Do Cellist's get married?

How many cigars will fit in a cello case?

Can you smoke a cigar while playing the cello?

Could you use cello to prevent marriage? Yes but it would have to be a big cigar (for me anyway) and it probably wouldn't be very comfortable for the girl!

I also recall a friend purchasing a single or two at Cigarro in Hong Kong that were celloed. If I am not mistaken, these were from 1990 or were listed as such on the sign. This may have not been the norm, but as you should know, the norm was not always the norm in Havana.

Who is Norm?

Who is Norm?
An accountant living in Boston who drinks cheap beer and jokes around with a short ugly chick and some mailman.

All my flavored cigars sit next to the ISOMs, I'm hoping to marry some flavor into the ISOMs. YMMV ;)

Who is Norm?
An accountant living in Boston who drinks cheap beer and jokes around with a short ugly chick and some mailman.

When was he in Cuba?