• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old BST Offers

But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Juanote said:
But the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
I thought the road to hell was between Tom's mom's legs? After all here he is :sign:

Guys, the word obligation and been thrown out there a couple of times.  To me the poster of a B/S/T is under no obligation until a deal is made.  The only exception would be the bait and switch where somebody posts a B/S/T for x quantity of items but then as the deal is finalized they request x+5.  Even in that instance, the bait and switch is less than above board, but no agreement has been reached therefore there is no obligation.

Not sure I agree with that totally. I think the person soliciting an offer is ethically obliged to honor that offer when accepted, provided there are no significant mitigating factors such as a prolonged delay in acceptance or a material change to the offered item itself.

Just because you offer something and then it's accepted....that doesn't mean you have to go thru with it.

A simple - 'I changed my mind' will do...or 'That's been taken off the table', will do.

It's a friggin' hobby.

It has nothing to do with 'ethics' ...it has to do with character! ;)

The seller has the last decision, in my mind.   Just because I leave a sale open and don't close it or say it's DONE, doesn't mean a year down the road I'd be willing to revisit.

Just curious, how would you feel about someone deciding not to sell under the terms of their initial offer, then selling the same item afterwards at a higher price?
bfreebern said:
The seller has the last decision, in my mind.   Just because I leave a sale open and don't close it or say it's DONE, doesn't mean a year down the road I'd be willing to revisit.
I agree with this, provided the seller doesn't create what is effectively an auction.

If you have an issue, state the facts or let it go , Juanote. The key to resolution is communication.

Juanote said:
Just curious, how would you feel about someone deciding not to sell under the terms of their initial offer, then selling the same item afterwards at a higher price?
I agree with this, provided the seller doesn't create what is effectively an auction.

Is there an ulterior motive to you asking these questions?  

Again, if it's an old sale that hasn't been responded on for months or even older, then it's up to the seller to make the decision on whether they want to follow through or not.  

As to your first question, if the seller withdrew their sale for whatever reason, then reposted it for a higher amount...........that's their right.  I would question them on why they did it and if I didn't get a satisfactory answer, I'd steer people away from dealing with said person. 

Quoted from the top of the B/S/T forum....in bright red ink:

* * * PLEASE READ THE RULES * * *
 ​
SALES/WANTS/TRADES/GROUP BUYS - Must be an active member of CigarPass in good standing for at least the past four (4) months to post a SALE/WANT/TRADE/GROUP BUY. If you see a SALE -or- GROUP BUY posted by an established member, you are free to inquire within. You may be asked to send your end first. Active membership status does not carry over from previous years - you must be an active member in the past 4 months consecutively unless special permission is granted by CP.

All SALES/WANTS/TRADES/GROUP BUYS should be fair and upfront.

AUCTIONS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED unless written permission from CP is granted.

KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRADING - You are responsible for what you trade; make sure it's up to par.

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS CUBAN CIGAR RELATED SOURCES

DO NOT PROFITEER

PLEASE NOTE: Other forums have the philosophy of "buyer beware!". We take pride in our community, therefore, ALL members here watch out for each other, and we encourage them to speak up when they see something un-kosher occur. E-Bay ratings, participation on other forums, etc do not justify or otherwise replace our rules. Your reputation at CP is all that matters.

If you need any more clarification than this to understand how B/S/T works on CP...then I would argue that you aren't an active member, and therefore have no business being part of a transaction anyway.

If you need "details" on "what if" type scenarios mixed in with some "lawyer speak", then the same applies.  You haven't been around long enough or participated enough to partake anyway, so don't worry about it.

Are you saying that I am not eligible to participate in the B/S/T forum? That's a surprising assertion.

My questions are legitimate and pertinent, although they do not pertain to anything that I am planning to do in the future. I have no accusations to unveil at a later date, and I harbor no ill will for anyone. So as a favor to everybody I'll let the whole thing drop. Thanks to everyone for their replies.

MilesMingusMonk said:
If you have an issue, state the facts or let it go , Juanote. The key to resolution is communication.
I will be following your advice. Thank you for it.

I feel like I will need to have an attorney on retainer in case I post a B/S/T now......