• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Old Cohiba question

It is always been my understanding that Cuban cigars do not come wrapped in cellophane. Unless, they are put in cellophane by the vendor selling them.
Edit: just like the glass top boxes, they are ALL fake.
The old diplomatic Cohiba cigars, and a few older Cubans come wrapped in Cellophane. I don't believe any modern ones do.

old cohiba circa 1992.jpg

The story is that my friend's Dad died in 2015, and these cigars were left lost by his Mom, fortunately, he grows his own grapes and bottles wine so they were sort of kept in semi-ideal conditions

I hear your critique, bros...

I don't normally forum jump...but when I do...

It's great to trust your source...but it's his/her source that may have been taken. Grey market has been around since before time.

Pug said it...smoke it and enjoy...the money's gone ;)

Unfortunately, with the way the bands are placed, and how the pigtail is wrapped, I would have an "educated guess" that these are not real. They do look really old and probably would be very good to smoke.
Da box.

View attachment 69268

The story is that my friend's Dad died in 2015, and these cigars were left lost by his Mom, fortunately, he grows his own grapes and bottles wine so they were sort of kept in semi-ideal conditions

I hear your critique, bros...
Any idea what the year on those were supposedly?

ETA: Or, are these the 80's ones from your OP?