• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva Serie V Maduro

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
I was in my favorite B&M when these came in. The box said Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedo. Size 6.0" x 56. I proceeded to open the box and remove one to try. It had a great feel in the hand and between the fingers and thumb. Construction and color was great from the cap down to the foot. Nicely rolled.

I took a wooden match for the flame, and it lit beautifully, even and had a perfect draw. The ash had a great color and held for over an inch and a half.

1.jpg

2.jpg

It had an earthy flavor with a hint of cocoa. As I smoke it, the flavor became more full with a nice heavy smoke and even burn. The band came off nice and easy without tearing the wrapper.

3.jpg

After an hour and fifteen, it still held ash color and strength. The flavor was turning more leathery and still very smooth.

4.jpg

After an hour and a half, it was getting better still. Great down to the nub. A great finish and an excellent cigar. :thumbs:

5.jpg

Thank you for the review! :cool: I just bought a box yesterday and I am very anxious to get them.

This is a great smoke, I try to pick up a few of these as often as I can good sweet cocoa flavor and nice finish very smooth all the way trough. Nice review, thanks.

Sam

Shame no one in my area has the maduro yet, I keep calling and checking. I'm sure no on-line retailers have them up yet.

Nice review!

But, 1 1/2 hours to smoke, wow, was that your last cigar ever? :laugh:

Anyone else have a comment on these before I rush out and buy a couple to test?

Brian

Nice review!

But, 1 1/2 hours to smoke, wow, was that your last cigar ever? :laugh:

Anyone else have a comment on these before I rush out and buy a couple to test?

Brian

It takes me almost that long to smoke a robusto... ???

Thanks for the review. Sounds like the hype is deserved.

I had one of these over the weeekend and agree that it's an excellent cigar. Nice full body and spicy with a strong leather taste as well. I expected more of a sweet taste with the maduro wrapper but I really didn't notice much of one.

Definatley worth a try, espeically if you like the regular V line.

Great review, thanks! Got 4 coming so anxious to see if it's up to the hype! Enjoy the natural figurado and lanceros too!

Great review, thanks for sharing Andy!

I had one of these last night and it was a good hour with this stick. The pepper and spice in the first third was amazing I felt like my lips were still tingling this morning. Into the second third the pepper seems to go away and the creamy cocoa flavor takes over and the smoothness of this second third was top notch. I was just about to remove the wrapper when the pepper spice started back up, like a freight train this stick really finishes strong! I got a line on a box so I'm going to grab one tonight. Full bodied and very nice!

Tony

Thank you for the review Andy. I did get a chance to smoke one of these last week, and was actually very pleased with the taste difference from the normal V product I have smoked(and thats saying something because the Torp. V had become a regular golf cigar for me this year). I did get some taste of Cocoa as well as a step up on the pepper/spice, and did feel the whole cigar took a bit of a rise in all over boldness of flavor. These will be in my regular rotation as long as I can get them.

Joe G