• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Oliva serie v melanio robusto

You have to like that wrapper to make that statement. I happen to like them, as I do sungrown wrappers in general. But some of my friends don't like that type of fermented wrapper. To each there own...

But you're right, the 44 size is the best of the bunch by far.
True. There are even some who do not like the fermented tobacco used in Cohibas.

I just finished smoking one of these cigars. I enjoyed it, good flavor, nice aroma. I'm not sure how else to describe it. I didn't taste anything specific other than tobacco. I'd pop for another one or a box.
Next up, RyJ Wide Churchill. That will be tomorrow.

Do they ferment Cohiba tobacco differently from other leaves?
The packaging states a triple fermentation process. So I am guessing most only undergo a single or double fermentation. I thought I saw that in a video clip about el laguito/Cohiba.

From Habanos S.A.
Cohiba, the most prestigious Habanos S.A. brand, is made with the finest leaves of the best Vegas Finas de Primera of Vuelta Abajo, in the province of Pinar del Rìo, in Cuba. Created in 1966 as an official gift for diplomats and heads of state, and launched in 1982, it became since then a highly coveted item for those who seek exclusiveness in a Habano. The careful process of selection and aging of its leaves as well as the fact that Cohiba is the only brand with a triple fermentation in the tobacco used for its elaboration make its flavor unmistakable.

From Habanos S.A.
Cohiba, the most prestigious Habanos S.A. brand, is made with the finest leaves of the best Vegas Finas de Primera of Vuelta Abajo, in the province of Pinar del Rìo, in Cuba. Created in 1966 as an official gift for diplomats and heads of state, and launched in 1982, it became since then a highly coveted item for those who seek exclusiveness in a Habano. The careful process of selection and aging of its leaves as well as the fact that Cohiba is the only brand with a triple fermentation in the tobacco used for its elaboration make its flavor unmistakable.

So it's triple fermentation, not really different. I sort of thought you guys were talking about NC Cohibas which I don't like at all, but the CC's I do like.

So it's triple fermentation, not really different. I sort of thought you guys were talking about NC Cohibas which I don't like at all, but the CC's I do like.
I started smoking a handful of Cohiba red dots at first. Today, I think there are far superior Cameroon wrapped cigars that I prefer. Some people, again, do not care for Cameroon wrapper. This is a good example of why it's good to research something before picking it up on a whim, or why when talking with an experienced and knowledgeable cigar shop staff person can help you avoid certain cigars. Life is too short, time and money too valuable to waste any of it smoking cigars you don't like. Try new things, but when you've found you don't care for Sungrown wrappers, ligero laced bombs, Nicotine monsters, Cameroon wrappers, maduro wrappers, Nicaraguan tobacco, Cuban tobacco, etc. Avoid what you know you do not care for. Sometimes, blenders and manufacturers can be creative and surprise you with a new blend, you may find you only like Sungrown wrappers from X brand. Always worth trying something different. Unless it's a way over marketed and hyped, over priced, limited, exclusive, or rare release. That only sets you up to like something, that most likely won't be readily available, if at all, at some point.

I prefer the non-Melanio version of the Serie V robusto. It's one of my faves. I've never had a maduro version though.

I prefer the non-Melanio version of the Serie V robusto. It's one of my faves. I've never had a maduro version though.

I put them in the same category for me...not taste wise...but in that every time I smoke either one, I say to myself "why don't I smoke more of these?". The only difference being in the Series V, I only smoke them in maduro. That first 2008 maduro torpedo was incredible....that's the one that hooked me.

Seek a maduro out....you'll be glad you did. Hell, if you come down the shore I'll give you one of the 2008s, I have a few left.

I put them in the same category for me...not taste wise...but in that every time I smoke either one, I say to myself "why don't I smoke more of these?". The only difference being in the Series V, I only smoke them in maduro. That first 2008 maduro torpedo was incredible....that's the one that hooked me.

Seek a maduro out....you'll be glad you did. Hell, if you come down the shore I'll give you one of the 2008s, I have a few left.
Very cool!

When I put the top down on the Jeep those Serie V maduro double robustos stand up very well to the wind through the car, they don't unravel and they are strong enough to taste. A very well made stick.