• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One of the few times

Enough to heat the whole house! It really wasn't on "full" blast....just the blower. Had the temp set at between 3 and 4....which I think is around 70. One of the best purchases we've ever made.

IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0087.JPG

We've got a freestanding Buck Woodstove that we put in when we bought our home. Has a catalyst that's so efficient I can go about 16 hours between refills.

Love the warmth and my electric bill only being about a hundred bucks a month in the winter (considering I cut my own wood for free).

Pups love it too!

I love a fireplace. We lost our house on May 22, 2011 during an EF5 tornado here in Joplin. We had a beautiful fireplace in that house. No fireplace in our house now and I miss it, especially this time of year. We were VERY lucky to be alive as 161 people died including several friends and people I knew.
Don't know why I posted all of that, as I don't talk of it often anymore. But I do love a nice fireplace. : )

We go through a ric of wood every winter. All natural. There side vents to get air in, but they are only useful if it's windy.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-10 at 4.09.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-10 at 4.09.34 PM.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 10
I love a fireplace. We lost our house on May 22, 2011 during an EF5 tornado here in Joplin. We had a beautiful fireplace in that house. No fireplace in our house now and I miss it, especially this time of year. We were VERY lucky to be alive as 161 people died including several friends and people I knew.
Don't know why I posted all of that, as I don't talk of it often anymore. But I do love a nice fireplace. : )

Smokey, you talk about it all you want.
I found it therapeutic for me to tell everyone that would listen about an event I went through some years ago.

That being said, we're here for you, Brother.

Smokey, you talk about it all you want.
I found it therapeutic for me to tell everyone that would listen about an event I went through some years ago.

That being said, we're here for you, Brother.

Thanks Scap.

I'm a sucker for a camp fire/fireplace. My house doesn't have one but my parent's house next door has a nice hearth that I've built many fires in. I have an outdoor fire pit in the back yard that our houses share.

I've got an old wood stove in the "smoking cabin". The boys always find their way in after a romp around the cold to take a nap in front of it.

IMG_2781.JPG

A fireplace is a must in any house I own. Reminds me it is time to get it cleaned and fire it up.

watch-thermostat-tip-2-lg_1.jpg

I just twist one of these. Burning wood, to keep warm, is mostly exercise.

Doc