• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

One too many Mojitos and you end up with . . .

I don't understand.

No, you don't. It's ok though, life will teach you.

Easy tiger, one might detect an air of superiority from your tone there. I mean I know I am sort of new around here, so I will defer to your wisdom and breadth of experience as an established and credible member, but I would hate to think you were talking down to me just for having a different opinon :(.

Not talking down at all . . . been there, done that. Ten years ago, I thought I knew everything too. Unfortunately, life has taught me many lessons . . . one of the most important ones being money is just money.

I certainly respect your opinion and I do understand, but how many times do you have to keep going back to it? I acknowledged in the original post that the price was absurd.

He just knows everything about Beedogs. :D Well that and pirates.

I don't understand.

Easy tiger, one might detect an air of superiority from your tone there. I mean I know I am sort of new around here, so I will defer to your wisdom and breadth of experience as an established and credible member, but I would hate to think you were talking down to me just for having a different opinon :(.

Not talking down at all . . . been there, done that. Ten years ago, I thought I knew everything too. Unfortunately, life has taught me many lessons . . . one of the most important ones being money is just money.

I certainly respect your opinion and I do understand, but how many times do you have to keep going back to it? I acknowledged in the original post that the price was absurd.

One summer day a grasshopper was singing and chirping and hopping about. He was having a wonderful time. He saw an ant who was busy gathering and storing grain for the winter.

“Stop and talk to me,” said the grasshopper. “We can sing some songs and dance a while.”

“Oh no,” said the ant. “Winter is coming. I am storing up food for the winter. I think you should do the same.”

“Oh, I can’t be bothered,” said the grasshopper. “Winter is a long time off. There is plenty of food.” So the grasshopper continued to dance and sing and chip and the ant continued to work.

When winter came the grasshopper had no food and was starving. He went to the ant’s house and asked, “Can I have some wheat or maybe a few kernels of corn. Without it I will starve,” whined the grasshopper.

“You danced last summer,” said the ants in disgust. “You can continue to dance.” And they gave him no food.

There is a time to work and a time to play.

I don't understand.

The rest makes sense although the bold is sort of a classic 'subtle slight'. I would say in response that a) I never said I knew everything and b) you are making a bold assertion and assumption that your life experience trumps mine based on.... absolutely nothing. Fallacious statements only lead to disinformation and discord, even with the best of intentions.

Drama for drama's sake. The terms bating and pointless come to mind. The guy paid out the butt for cigars, and that's his prerogative. SPIVY nailed it. Phil, you are arguing personal preference and which one is right, but both viewpoints are right for their holder. I may prefer albacore tuna from a can and call it the best lunch ever, because it satisfies my needs in terms of protein and calories. Another may call lasagna the best lunch ever. It fits that person's needs in terms of taste and flavor. Both views are right for their holder.

Personally, I prefer Jim's smoked salmon... :whistling:

Jeezus, why can't you just say "whew - expensive sticks but what a score...!!..." and let it go at that...??

OK, I'll say it - expensive sticks, but WHAT A SCORE...!!! If I cleaned house on the tables, I'd drop some excessive coin in Casa Fuente, too. I might do it next time I'm in Vegas, regardless of the table action..... ;)

Enough is enough, guys - B.B.S.

Jeezus, why can't you just say "whew - expensive sticks but what a score...!!..." and let it go at that...??

OK, I'll say it - expensive sticks, but WHAT A SCORE...!!! If I cleaned house on the tables, I'd drop some excessive coin in Casa Fuente, too. I might do it next time I'm in Vegas, regardless of the table action..... ;)

Enough is enough, guys - B.B.S.

Amen to that.

The rest makes sense although the bold is sort of a classic 'subtle slight'. I would say in response that a) I never said I knew everything and b) you are making a bold assertion and assumption that your life experience trumps mine based on.... absolutely nothing. Fallacious statements only lead to disinformation and discord, even with the best of intentions.

The only thing I know about your life is that you run like dogshit. BeeDog shit. Run better, Phil. ;)

Drama for drama's sake. The terms bating and pointless come to mind. The guy paid out the butt for cigars, and that's his prerogative. SPIVY nailed it. Phil, you are arguing personal preference and which one is right, but both viewpoints are right for their holder. I may prefer albacore tuna from a can and call it the best lunch ever, because it satisfies my needs in terms of protein and calories. Another may call lasagna the best lunch ever. It fits that person's needs in terms of taste and flavor. Both views are right for their holder.

Personally, I prefer Jim's smoked salmon... :whistling:

Are we talking in water or sodium, it makes a big difference. :D

Hehehe....he said "Fallacious"...hehehe!

the_fallacy_detective_hi-res_image.jpg

Whew . . . I need some more Mojitos. :D Of course, I don't know if they would be as good without Ashley bringing them. :love:

Who has access to those kind of sticks? Your not going to find them in a B&M, unless it came from the Fun Box. 99% of us "probably" get them from BST, etc.. There are plenty of people that collect only to sell later on realizing that they don't need to hold on to them. I want a BBMF as much as the next guy but it will find me at the right time and not a Casa Fuente prices.
So who will get me a BBMF by April 18th. :D

Don't get me wrong, if its off winnings I'd do the same.. in a heart beat. :D

I didn't necessarily mean these sticks, just HTF sticks in general. Regardless, to a certain extent, I agree with you. However, as I understand it, you can only get the black label Forbiddens and the AF13's in Vegas, right? If that is in fact the case, it will have to come through Vegas to find you. :cool:

Well the AF 13 and the Don Arturo Sungrown are the same cigar, just with different bands. The black label Forbidden X I think are the same as their normal band counterparts in terms of blend etc. but I might be mistaken. Honestly this discussion reminds me of an old Chinese proverb: Give a dog a bee and feed him for a day, teach a dog to become a bee and feed him for the rest of his life. That might be wrong...

Anyways if you are seriously looking for BBMFs for like 1/3 of what Casa is selling them for just PM grateful1 <click me because I am an Internets hyperlink imo> orMoki <this one too> since both have had sales up for them in the last 24 hours.

I understand your point completely. I considered just staying home and not spending any money to go to Vegas, but I thought, what the heck, my wife and I have never been. I almost didn't take that $500 helicopter ride around The Strip and the Grand Canyon, but I thought, what the heck, I only live once. I almost didn't watch Cirque du Soleil at $170 a pop either, but I thought, what the heck, I've never seen it and may never get the chance again. I almost didn't buy that $100 bobblehead and get Pete Rose to sign it, but I thought, what the heck, I may never be this close to a living legend again. And . . . I almost didn't buy these ridiculously priced cigars, but I thought, what the heck, every time I smoke one I'll remember my wonderful time in Vegas with my beautiful wife.

I certainly didn't intend this post to be about how absurd these cigars are priced . . . that's a given. It's just like why do I drive a Chevy Silverado when a Ford Ranger will do? All money spent on cigars is a waste if you have that perspective. After all, you are smoking rolled up plant leaves . . . for pleasure purposes only. If you have to justify what you spend on this obsession, it's gonna get tricky.

Well said my friend. Well said.

I understand your point completely. I considered just staying home and not spending any money to go to Vegas, but I thought, what the heck, my wife and I have never been. I almost didn't take that $500 helicopter ride around The Strip and the Grand Canyon, but I thought, what the heck, I only live once. I almost didn't watch Cirque du Soleil at $170 a pop either, but I thought, what the heck, I've never seen it and may never get the chance again. I almost didn't buy that $100 bobblehead and get Pete Rose to sign it, but I thought, what the heck, I may never be this close to a living legend again. And . . . I almost didn't buy these ridiculously priced cigars, but I thought, what the heck, every time I smoke one I'll remember my wonderful time in Vegas with my beautiful wife.

I certainly didn't intend this post to be about how absurd these cigars are priced . . . that's a given. It's just like why do I drive a Chevy Silverado when a Ford Ranger will do? All money spent on cigars is a waste if you have that perspective. After all, you are smoking rolled up plant leaves . . . for pleasure purposes only. If you have to justify what you spend on this obsession, it's gonna get tricky.

No, you don't get the point. If you took a better angle to pat yourself on the back, you might have seen that Insight wasn't commenting on the price, or relative absurdity, of the cigars you bought. What he was telling you was that the Don Arturo Sun Grown, available for $60, is the EXACT SAME cigar as the AF13 you spent $125 for.

Why buy a Silverado at MSRP when you can buy one at Cayenne prices? :rolleyes:

No, you don't get the point. If you took a better angle to pat yourself on the back, you might have seen that Insight wasn't commenting on the price, or relative absurdity, of the cigars you bought. What he was telling you was that the Don Arturo Sun Grown, available for $60, is the EXACT SAME cigar as the AF13 you spent $125 for.

This.

More info here:

http://www.vitolas.net/displayimage.php?pos=-1121

Why buy a Silverado at MSRP when you can buy one at Cayenne prices? :rolleyes:

Good grief, do we have to go through this over and over? I think this is the fifth time in this post that the same thing has been said about the cigar. Yes, I readily acknowledge that it's the same smoke. Yes, I readily acknowledge the expense, or absurdity, of it.

I am so sorry to offend you by buying this stick and posting a picture of it. ???

Pete Rose, is that guy always at that shop across from Casa Fuente?

I thought it was a special occasion type of thing when I saw him there a couple years ago, like I really care, but now, it's really not that special eh.

And it's your money, have fun with it!