• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Online Purchases

I have bought many cigars online and have always recieved what i purchased.Untill yesterday I bought a box God of Fire and someone lifted them from my doorstep.I have always felt uneasy about UPS leaving items on doorsteps and it finaly caught up to me.All of the money i saved over buying from B&M was lost.I hope Cigarbid insures these packages or i am out some money.What really sucks is I have really wanted to try these as i cant get them around here.Would like to know if anyone else has tried one and what they thought about it.They were the carlitos by the way

Oh wow, you've actually had packages stolen from your doorstep? Well then again, I live in a pretty rural and safe town, so it's virtually unheard of in my area.

I plan on moving soon, and the area I'm looking at is a pretty decent area, but still nowhere as safe as where I grew up. Is this something I should worry about?

I have bought many cigars online and have always recieved what i purchased.Untill yesterday I bought a box God of Fire and someone lifted them from my doorstep.I have always felt uneasy about UPS leaving items on doorsteps and it finaly caught up to me.All of the money i saved over buying from B&M was lost.I hope Cigarbid insures these packages or i am out some money.What really sucks is I have really wanted to try these as i cant get them around here.Would like to know if anyone else has tried one and what they thought about it.They were the carlitos by the way

I don't know the policies of UPS, but I know other couriers like Fedex automatically insure packages to $100 unless additional insurance is purchased. Hopefully yours was insured.
As an alternate option, UPS might allow holding for pickup at the local depot IF the sender specifies that.

Even asking for a simple signature on the package would help CB insure packages. From what I know, CI does this on orders over $100.

All orders that leave my store are insured for the full amount. We never send cigars without insurance. A customer from this board made a purchase a few weeks ago of HTF sticks, which also got taken from his doorstep. Another package went out, with signature required, and there were no problems. I'm still dealing with UPS on this, but I expect it to be resolved fully. Meanwhile, he already got his smokes and is happy (I hope).

It seems that packages are always signature required when you don't want it to be and no signature required when you need it! :) I live out in the country and prefer not to have signature required since there isn't always someone at home. Then it is an extra trip up to the local hub which is only a 50 minute drive away to pick up my package....

But.. what can you do... getting insurance is definitely helpful in these situations and working out these types of problems definitely makes the world of difference when you are looking to work with a vendor.

With regard to packages getting lifted, this is a huge problem for my brother. He lives in an area that recently has been infested with meth adicts. They steal anything they can, doesn't matter if it is bolted down. He refuses to use UPS anymore because even when there was a signature confirmation required, they have left the package for him to never receive.

Luckly I don't have that problem.

I spoke with Cigar Bid today and they said they are insured but will take awhile to put a tracer on package.I still think amm packages should be signed for. I have had many dealings with them with no problems untill now. UPS site says i signed for package. Wasnt me!

I spoke with Cigar Bid today and they said they are insured but will take awhile to put a tracer on package.I still think amm packages should be signed for. I have had many dealings with them with no problems untill now. UPS site says i signed for package. Wasnt me!

A tracer takes 8 days. Once the tracer is completed, they will receive claim forms. They should send something out to you once the trace is completed. This is UPS's way of dragging their feet...taking the most amount of time possible, hoping you get tired of dealing with them. Not me....I don't give up that easily.