• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Onyx...Creamy

Brucifer

First of all I am a newbie, so pardon my ignorance... ???
What is your opinion of Onyx...the descriptions I've read sound good. It is often described as creamy. Is it? What other cigars would you sonsider creamy? :thumbs:

A good mild creamy one is Don Lino-- natural. Leon jimenez is also a good creamy smoke.

I used to smoke a lot of Hoyo de Monterrey's and think they were creamy. Any of the lines is a good choice.

The Natural Leon Jimines are a good creamy smoke - JWJ is right. Some other "creamy" smokes I've had are Ashton's (Naturals), Montecristos, and, perhaps one of the most creamiest, Zino's Mouton Cadet's.

MiamiCubano said:
...perhaps one of the most creamiest, Zino's Mouton Cadet's.
This is a pure fact!! One of the best smokes I ever had, and creamy is exactly right.

Onyx Reserve are great cigars. I especially like the mini belis. These are especially good with a year or so in the humi.

If I may add my two cents worth, I also like Henry Clay Mirabelles with more than a year of sitting around. I would call them "creamy" as well

I thought this had something to do with the Jenna thread... :0

I smoked an Onyx Reserve today at my tobacco shop. All I can say is WOW!!! That is one fine cigar. I was looking for tweezers so I wouldn't have to put it down :p . It was a great cigar though. The best I've had to date; which is only like 3 or 4. But I have a lot of singles I'm gonna be trying soon.

I reviewed an Onyx Reserve Torbusto this week; see the "What You Been Smoking" section. The cigar does have some creamy smoke; some of the other cigars mentioned in this thread are more so, but this cigar has a lot of positive traits and isn't very expensive.

If you haven't had a lot of cigars I can particularly recommend it to you. It ventures slightly into medium body at the middle, has a lot of flavor. It would also be a nice first step to the dark side - Maduro wrappers.. :D I love the natural sweetness maduro wrappers often provide. Read my review if you have more questions. I am probably the most verbose, long winded, blabberymouthed person to write reviews here. If you can stay awake long enough to read my review it may answer other questions you have about the cigar. You might want to prepare for it by reading something light such as War and Peace or Inferno beforehand. :sign:

Matt

AVO classic and maduro are VERY smooth. Padron Thousand line is good too.

One of the creamiest (I too love the cream taste) I have had (I just came across them) is an Honduran Cream. These are bundles with a slightly sweet tip and some say they are medium fill while other say they are long fill. Nevertheless, they are sold as premiums and are, in my opinion, the best "cheap" (60 cents a stick!) cigars I have smoked. I just purchased a few more bundles for my igloodor.

I like creamy, mellow, buttery smoke. I have tried the Butera Royal Vintage and the Ashton classics and like it except for one small minor thing, the cigar is a tad light and mild for my taste. Can you CP Members suggest for me a cigar that is similar to the Butera Royal Vintage: smooth, creamy, buttery, mellow but has more body to the smoke and taste and also the taste would be preferably a little bit lmore ong lasting in the palate. Thanks a whole bunch...

lucasbuck said:
Onyx Reserve are great cigars. I especially like the mini belis. These are especially good with a year or so in the humi.
Love the reserve, and you cant beat the price :)

-matt

Thanks much for all your responses - info & suggestions are much appreciated!
:thumbs:

cvmfour said:
lucasbuck said:
As Phishy mentioned above AVO Maduro is one you should try.
I just bought one yesterday...Can't wait to try it :thumbs:
It is mild during the beginning, but at the end it starts to become stronger.