• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opinions on Kirsten Pipes

rramstad

Hey all. Twistabister mentioned this retailer near me and I'm definitely going to go check them out, but they have a pretty outlandish range of custom pipes

http://www.kirstenpipe.com/pipes.shtml

I did a search here on the forum and it seems a few folks own their pipes and like them, but I didn't find any detailed opinions.

So, sound off! If you own one, what do you like? What do you dislike? Do you find yourself reaching for your Kirsten, or do you find yourself passing over it in favor of something more traditional?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I am curious about them as well. They look a lot like the Falcon pipes.

Looks like a pain in the @$$ to clean.

Actually, the website says they are REALLY easy to clean, basically just unscrew the cap on the end and pass a tissue through.

They look pretty cool, not traditional, but I'd try one. prices aren't all that bad either.

Interesting. I've actually heard of Kirsten before, but not for pipes. It seems logical that any bowl or stem is interchangeable with any Kirsten pipe. A Kirsten could conceivable become an heirloom.

I have 2, one with a small bowl that is good for a quick smoke, one with the larger bowl that actually lasts for quite awhile. They are no more difficult to clean than a briar, in some ways easier to keep
spotless.
If buying new, no worries. If buying estate, ask about the threading between the bowl and stem, presence or absence of o-rings (if it's newer vintage), tightness of the stem. You know, the usual with some modifications.

And if using someone else's stem grosses you out, you can always buy another one from:

KIrsten :rolleyes:

I love my Kirsten.. It just smokes nice every time.. It doesn't matter how you pack it or how fast you puff, its always a pleasant, cool smoke.. Cleaning is simple, I take it a part and put it in the dishwasher after every few smokes (without the briar) or I just run a paper towel thru it.. Its that simple.. The interchangeable bowls are nice too..

I think it's a great concept, but I walk by a Police Sation everyday and I think if they saw me puffin' on that? I'd be up against the wall with my legs spread. :sign: