• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opinions On Perdoma? Alec Bradley

SkyKing

I'm in touch with someone who has a lot of Perdoma Lot 23;  PERDOMO CHAMPAGNE NOIR MAGNUM 50 TUBO  These appear to be value priced cigars. What are your opinions on these sticks?

He also has some Alec Bradley Tempus maduros, sun grown, overture and Siboney.

I love the AB Prensada but haven tried any of the others in the AB line.

Thanks

Lot 23 naturals are good $3-4 medium fulls imo. Champagne Noir I'm not a fan of. Alec sungrowns are good and Tempus Maduros are not bad.

Yardgars. Prensados are the best of the 5 mentioned...I keep perdomos around for my friends that know nothing about cigars.

One man's trash is another man's treasure....or at least smokable stick.  Those should all be on the shelf at a local B&M....best way is to score two or three and try for yourself before you commit to a box or bundle.

Having said that, they wouldn't do it for me, but that's only one data point.  Smoke what you like, like what you smoke...... :cool:

In my opinion the Sungrown is a good Sungrown cigar with earth, cedar and wood. If that's your bag and they're cheap I'd say go for it.

I'm going to get the Prensados. I like those and I'm getting about 70% off retail. I proposed that he send me 5 packs of the others you guy said were ok.

They've all been aged in cooladors for at least 2 years, so that might help.

BSB, you always come through.

Thanks all.

I'm a fan of the Tempus. I've had a box resting for years and have only smoked a couple and they have been great every time. I like the Magistri.

I can also vouch for Tempus, a very nice medium to full cigar.

AB has some really tasty smokes at a good price point. The other is utter garbage. 

BlindedByScience said:
One man's trash is another man's treasure....or at least smokable stick.  Those should all be on the shelf at a local B&M....best way is to score two or three and try for yourself before you commit to a box or bundle.

Having said that, they wouldn't do it for me, but that's only one data point.  Smoke what you like, like what you smoke...... :cool:

Agree 100%.  I remember when first starting out with cigars I used to have a lot of Perdomo sticks in my humi.  Now, I don't touch 'em as there are so many other cigars that interest me.  Only problem is now I spend a lot more cash on cigars as well. ???

Many years ago I tried to like Perd's and just never could get my taste buds to cooperate.

He's making this more interesting. Offered to give me $100 retail trade of Olivas, Comachos, UnderCrowns, Prensados plus an ISOM Bolivar, Partagas, and a handful Fonseca Delicias. This in trade for 8oz of Esoterica Stonehave pipe tobacco. I didn't realize how fond I've grown of pipe blends, until I realized I wasn't sure if I wanted the deal. Still not sure. It is easier to get ISOMs than Esoterica.

I've had Bolivars and Partagas but no Fonseca's. Even though ISOM, their rep sames uneven.

Pax

There's nothing wrong with Fonsecas as long add you aren't expecting to be blown away. I've enjoyed the No. 1 a few different times through the years.
As far as Perdomo, I've had sticks that I loved and sticks that were crap all out of the same box. Way too inconsistent for me. Especially where construction is concerned.

Not sure I'd base a trade of some HTF pipe tobacco, on a bunch of online members and their opinions.  Just my thought.

The opinions would be just one factor. I enjoy reading them and I often learn of some aspect that I hadn't considered. And frequently, the members opinions provide me with wisdom that I haven't accumulated due to ignorance or lack of experience. Your opinion is also appreciated and I understand that you are encouraging prudence. 

Backslide said:
AB has some really tasty smokes at a good price point. The other is utter garbage. 
I agree the those Perdomos are nothing special. Ask if he has Perdomo Habanos - now those I always have on hand. Great full-bodied Nic.

I've tried the perdomo criollo and thought it was ok. But for the same price or less, I'll take an oliva O Sungrown anytime. I've not bought perdomo since, but have bought oliva many times.