• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus "A" Review

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
Opus "A"

One thing that I love is traveling. I recently took a trip to southern California to visit family. I also took a couple of road trips to visit a few BOTLs. One of which was souldog24ca in Temecula. We met at the local B&M for a couple of smokes and Jonathan blew mw away when he handed me an Opus "A". Now, I told him that I would save it for a special occasion. I was getting ready to celebrate 21 years without taking a drink of alcohol, and that I would smoke it then. So on May 14th, I celebrated, pulled that bad boy out, and let her rip. All three hours worth. Please excuse the photos. They're from my cell phone. 

OpusA1.jpg

Length/Ring:  9.25" x 47
Shape: A Perejo 
Wrapper: Opus X Rosado Wrapper
Binder: Opus X Rosado
Filler: Opus X blend
Strength: Full 

I pulled it out of it's coffin and cello, noticed the beautiful Rosado wrapper with it's oily sheen. I clipped the cap using my Zino double guillotine, took a dry draw tasting the spicy flavor I've grown to love, and lit it with my Blazer torch. As I and took the first puff and immediately could taste that earthy flavor with that great spice on my tongue. The rich aroma started to permeate the air. It had a smooth draw. The burn was even and never needed correcting. Half way through the first third was a slight cocoa taste came out. The ash was a medium gray color, held on a little over an inch.

I started into the second third and started noticing that it was getting spicier.  

As I started in on the last third and it had taken on a few notes of coffee. I had been somewhat pre occupied, so I was enjoying it more than dissecting flavors. I was enjoying this stick so much, that I had to send Jonathan a text thanking him again. The finish was excellent. I got a little bit of a nicotine overdose, but was loving it. 

OpusA2.jpg

In conclusion: Again, this stick took around three hours of pure enjoyment to smoke. It was worth the wait and anticipation. Thanks Jonathan. Oh, by the way, I save you the band with they date and your name on it for your table.
MSRP: $25

Looks like an enjoyable three hours.
Sorry I missed you when you were out here. Maybe next time!

Sounds like it was a great smoke for a great occasion. Congrats

Congrats on the milestone, that is a huge achievement and I think you celebrated it right! :thumbs:

Excellent review! Thanks for sharing the experience :thumbs:

Now that's the way to celebrate an excellent occasion. Congrats to you Andy and an excellent review. Makes me want to go fire up mine, dagnabbit! :D