• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus in Miami or Orlando

Skisomalia

El Triunfador
My girlfriend is going to be in Miami and orlando for the next couple days. Do any of you guys know any shops she could pick up some opus down there?

No dirty jokes about her, please

No dirty jokes about her, please

Huh?

Yeah...didn't get that either. Did someone make dirty jokes about his GF?? Here is a fine fine joke about girlfriends:

"Do you really love me?"

What happened when the girlfriend asked the boy friend, 'Do you really love me?'
Girl friend: Do you love me?
Boy friend: Yes, I love you.
Girl friend: But, do you really love me?

Boy friend: Yes, I really love you.
Girl friend: But, do you really, truly love me?
Boy friend: Yes! Yes, I really, truly love you! I would die for you!

:drum roll!!!!:

Girl friend: You’re always saying that, but you never do it.

Ahyuck. Ahyuck. Ahyuck. Ahyuck. Ahyuck... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good god, so lame.

No, ive just seen it happen plenty of times. Its like algebra. Sentence + Mention of girlfriend + online forum inhabited by mostly guys = dirty joke

Anyhow, back to the question at hand. Am i out of luck?

Go down to Sosas on Caille Ocho. Last time I was in Miami, they had quite a few in stock.

Funny, I am going to Miami tomorrow!

-Mark

Corona Cigars is in Orlando. I beleive they have another location too, not sure where. It's Huge! A little pricey (but I'm not a Floridian, so they may be normal prices) but definitely has almost anything you can think of.

-K-

Thanks you guys. I was starting to get scared that she wouldnt be able to find the opus's in the cigar capital of the country.

She is going to run by Sosa tomorrow. If they dont have it, i'll have her run by the shop in orlando while she's down there.

Once again, thanks for the promt responses.

NT_17opusblue.JPG

The last time we were in Orlando was for Christmas, but I was able to get Opus and DCM at Cigarz in citywalk and also at Sosa in downtown Disney. She will probably pay a premium for them at both locations due to the market but they do have them.

Blessings,
Jim

I live in Orlando, but there is only one B&M that I frequent and they don't have any.

Go down to Sosas on Caille Ocho. Last time I was in Miami, they had quite a few in stock.

Funny, I am going to Miami tomorrow!

-Mark

As a matter of a precision, that's a shop (and a fantastic one at that - one I frequent) ran/owned by the Sosa family, but it's actually called Macabi Cigars. And, while it is on Calle Ocho (S.W. 8th Street), it is not really in Little Havana proper, but closer to the Gables than anything else. It is however, right across the street from Versailles (Cuban restaurant) and La Carretta (Cuban restaurant as well), where you/she can get grab some excellent food, pastries or cafe.

I was at Macabi just a couple of days ago and they did have some Opus in stock.

Macabi Cigars
3475 S.W. 8th St., Miami, FL
Phone: 305/446-2606

From there, if they have none, she should head down S.W. 8th street a few blocks - west - to Ponce de Leon and then turn right. Then proceed down Ponce until she almost reaches Miracle Mile/Coral Way (which is 22nd Street). There, she will find on her left, the fantastic Sabor Havana (the Coral Gables location anyway). They will likely have some Opus and, if not, will give such an array of fine smokes that you will truly be left bewildered.

Sabor Havana
2309 Ponce De Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134
(305) 444-1764

There are far more outstanding cigar factories/shops, but since you have limited your quest to just Opus, those are some suggestions for you where she won't be ripped off.

CCC in Orlando. And in Miami, Mikes Cigars in Bal Harbor.

Depending on when she is going to be here, Mike's is only open M-F, closed on weekends.
And, getting to Bal Harbour can be a royal pain in the ass, particularly with construction on virtually all beach roadways leading in that direction, and construction on Biscayne Blvd. as well (which is the best Miami-side way to get to Mike's).

it looks like ccc will be the store she visits. She left miami today for orlando, and didnt go by sosa or calle ocho as her family there urged her against it for safety concerns (she was planning on going to little havana with her mother and female cousin); i didnt think little havana was that sketchy, but then again, I said the same thing about downtown LA until my car almost broke down on skid row.

I'm hoping ccc will have better prices than the sosa at disney

Miami cubano: I would love to get other cigars, but in socal it is almost impossible to find opus at anywhere near MSRP. I'm used to paying 40 for a lancero, other than the occasions that i am lucky enough to score some off one of this boards retailers..

I figured since there is no cigar tax, prices would be more reasonable; i hope i'm not wrong though. That and as far my tastes go, when my girlfriend asks what cigars i would like, saying opus leaves no chance of a mistake. :)

Thanks for all the help guys, I will post tomorrow when i find out the results of the expedition.

So are we clear to make girlfriend jokes now or is that still off limits? What about other people's girlfriends?? I'm confused...

:laugh:

Hope you got some nice cigars, bro! :)

---John Holmes...

it looks like ccc will be the store she visits. She left miami today for orlando, and didnt go by sosa or calle ocho as her family there urged her against it for safety concerns (she was planning on going to little havana with her mother and female cousin); i didnt think little havana was that sketchy, but then again, I said the same thing about downtown LA until my car almost broke down on skid row.

Miami cubano: I would love to get other cigars, but in socal it is almost impossible to find opus at anywhere near MSRP. I'm used to paying 40 for a lancero, other than the occasions that i am lucky enough to score some off one of this boards retailers..

I figured since there is no cigar tax, prices would be more reasonable; i hope i'm not wrong though. That and as far my tastes go, when my girlfriend asks what cigars i would like, saying opus leaves no chance of a mistake. :)

Thanks for all the help guys, I will post tomorrow when i find out the results of the expedition.

Truly a missed opportunity for her. First, the area of Macabi/Versailles is perfectly fine. Nothing unsafe about it whatsoever. Second, in Little Havana proper, that too is just fine, particularly during the day. Even at night it's ok and, last night, was Viernes Cultural, a great Friday evening festival of sorts (occurring on the last Friday of every month), filled with artwork, merchants, food, live music, etc. All the galleries and shops are open late, it's a wonderful, family-friendly experience. Shame she missed out.

Truly a missed opportunity for her. First, the area of Macabi/Versailles is perfectly fine. Nothing unsafe about it whatsoever. Second, in Little Havana proper, that too is just fine, particularly during the day. Even at night it's ok and, last night, was Viernes Cultural, a great Friday evening festival of sorts (occurring on the last Friday of every month), filled with artwork, merchants, food, live music, etc. All the galleries and shops are open late, it's a wonderful, family-friendly experience. Shame she missed out.

Quite true. We are planning on both coming in june, and i will have to make the pilgramage.

Well, we did do pretty well. She was able to get me 4 opus xs at the Sosas in downtown disney. The cool thing though was that i learned was that her uncle produces cellophane for a few of the larger miami cigar companies.

I am already jonesing for making the pilgrimage myself. I'll give the miami botls a heads up when i roll to town for a herf. In any event, thanks for all your guys' imput.

So are we clear to make girlfriend jokes now or is that still off limits? What about other people's girlfriends?? I'm confused...
And now back to our regularly scheduled program!!

"A girl asks her boyfriend to come over Friday night and have dinner with her parents. Since this is such a big event, the girl announces to her boyfriend that after dinner, she would like to go out and make love for the first time.

Well, the boy is ecstatic, but he has never had sex before, so he takes a trip to the pharmacist to get some condoms. The pharmacist helps the boy for about an hour. He tells the boy everything there is to know about condoms and sex.

At the register, the pharmacist asks the boy how many condoms he'd like to buy, a 3-pack, 10-pack, or family pack. The boy insists on the family pack because he thinks he will be rather busy, it being his first time and all.

That night, the boy shows up at the girl's parents house and meets his girlfriend at the door. "Oh, I'm so excited for you to meet my parents, come on in!"

The boy goes inside and is taken to the dinner table where the girl's parents are seated. The boy quickly offers to say grace and bows his head.

A minute passes, and the boy is still deep in prayer, with his head down.

10 minutes pass, and still no movement from the boy.

Finally, after 20 minutes with his head down, the girlfriend leans over and whispers to the boyfriend, "I had no idea you were this religious."

The boy turns, and whispers back, "I had no idea your father was a pharmacist."

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Hope I didn't offend your GF Ski... :whistling:

Glad to see the forum return to its natural equalibrium. For a second i thought that we had lost our way and were actually providing useful information.

That was funny though.