• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X 22 question

Gator

I got 6 out of the 22 (chili pepper, rising x, lbmf, project x, shark, and another one i can't remember) and they're from 2006, are they aged any different than regular Opus as i'm wondering if i should spark one or let them sit a bit. Do the Don Carlos Aniversario smoke good fresh, or do they need to sit also?

Thanks
Frank

I got 6 out of the 22 (chili pepper, rising x, lbmf, project x, shark, and another one i can't remember) and they're from 2006, are they aged any different than regular Opus as i'm wondering if i should spark one or let them sit a bit. Do the Don Carlos Aniversario smoke good fresh, or do they need to sit also?

Thanks
Frank

I would let them sit @ 65%rh/65 deg. for a year at least.

I've smoked a couple of the Don Carlos. They were both two of the best cigars I've ever smoked.

I am planning on holding on to the others I have, not necessarily for aging, but for special occassion cigars.

I'm not sure about the aging, but I smoked a BBMF from the 2005 set this weekend and it was easily the best Opus I've ever had. Amazing cigar.

Thanks
Frank

In general, no, the cigars in the Opus 22 set are not any more deeply aged than regular production Opus X cigars.

As for the Don Carlos 30th cigars, they are clearly using very aged tobacco in these cigars. They are smoking fantastic right now, and will likely only get better with time.

The Don Carlon as mentioned is definately unique. The Opus 22 that I have smokes darn good, I think a tad better than the regualr. There is something in there that is for sure !

According to their literature I received with the OPUS X22 humidor. Nothing aged.

"IT has 16 cigars in rare and special sizes, and 6 cigars of the classic sizes. Each cigar is packaged in coffin, which is printed with the year of relaase and name of the cigar. Furthermore, these cigars will be released with the second bands signifying the year of release. These will definately enhance the collectibility of these rare cigars"

"A total of 500 boxes will be released in NOV 2006. Each box is serial numbered and comes with a certificate of authenticity."

The Don Carlos 30th cigars are f'n awesome! Now and whenever. :thumbs:

The Don Carlos 30th cigars are f'n awesome! Now and whenever. :thumbs:

Hearing you and Andrew speak so highly of this cigar made me order a dozen more, f'rs :laugh:

So the Opus Lancero they advertise as "aged 3 years", the box i have says 2006 edicion, and the cigars have 2004 bands on them. Does that mean in 2004 they were aged 3 years, or they were fresh in 2004, and now that it's 2007, they're aged 3 years?

So the Opus Lancero they advertise as "aged 3 years", the box i have says 2006 edicion, and the cigars have 2004 bands on them. Does that mean in 2004 they were aged 3 years, or they were fresh in 2004, and now that it's 2007, they're aged 3 years?

Are you referring to this
CI-OPU-FFLAN4PK-400.jpg

If so, Yes they are aged 3 years, but they are not part of the Opus22 set.

The Opus X CFCF 2006 box will be all 2006 cigars and fresh. I told you Gator that you will need to age them. Just look at my reviews of the 2005 box. Even at 2 years old, I feel some need a min of 5 years to develop. Especially the Chili Pepper and LBMF. I've had both of them fresh and they was way to potent to be even considered a good cigar. And its bad when I will knock a Opus as I have. Basically they will be all strength and no balance. Not even a Opus X taste as they need time to develop. But once those two have aged, they are great smokes that have strength and balance. Makes any of the regular production seem very weak. :laugh:

I will just say this. Be patient young grasshopper and let time do its thing. :thumbs:

As for the Lancero, I think Tkoepp nailed that one down. If they have the 2004 band on them, they are from the 4 pack of Lancero's. They are ready to smoke now but time will still make them better. :D

CI-OPU-FFLAN4PK-400.jpg

Yes, i have that box in my possession, but they have 2004 bands on them, so were they aged 3 years before 2004? I'm guessing yes...

The Opus X CFCF 2006 box will be all 2006 cigars and fresh. I told you Gator that you will need to age them. Just look at my reviews of the 2005 box. Even at 2 years old, I feel some need a min of 5 years to develop. Especially the Chili Pepper and LBMF. I've had both of them fresh and they was way to potent to be even considered a good cigar. And its bad when I will knock a Opus as I have. Basically they will be all strength and no balance. Not even a Opus X taste as they need time to develop. But once those two have aged, they are great smokes that have strength and balance. Makes any of the regular production seem very weak. :laugh:

I will just say this. Be patient young grasshopper and let time do its thing. :thumbs:

As for the Lancero, I think Tkoepp nailed that one down. If they have the 2004 band on them, they are from the 4 pack of Lancero's. They are ready to smoke now but time will still make them better. :D

Si' Senor', comprende' on the Opus 22, my question was about the Lanceros real age.

My understanding of them was they was rolled in 2004 and released nearly 3 years later. So yeah, they would be 3 years old since 2004 but not prior. As I have smoked them already, I do not feel they are 7 year old Opus but thats just me. Maybe someone else will shred more light on this.

Yeah, that makes sense, 7 yo Opus i would think would be mind blowing. I'll let this box i got in sit for a few weeks at 65% to stabilize, then try one, never had a Opus Lancero.

I'm smoking a Opus Robusto from a box i've had for 6 months, and what a difference 6 months make! I probably won't touch that box again for another 6 months, but dayum, it's hard to lay off!

CI-OPU-FFLAN4PK-400.jpg

Yes, i have that box in my possession, but they have 2004 bands on them, so were they aged 3 years before 2004? I'm guessing yes...

The year on the band indicates the year that they were rolled.

CI-OPU-FFLAN4PK-400.jpg

The year on the band indicates the year that they were rolled.

So they age them once rolled? I guess that was what i was unclear about, when the aging 'clock' started. Thanks!