• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Chili Pepper

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I received some great news from my doctor and I'm recovering from my injury better than expected. So in light of that, I decided it was time for a celebratory stick. This is a Opus X Chili Pepper I purchased on my birthday of last year at Casa Fuente. I love this shape, it's unique look stands out in my Opus X drawer and it jumped out at me when I deciding what my special smoke was going to be.

The prelight aroma has a natural sweetness similar to maple syrup or molasses. I sniped off the cap and found it tasted nearly identical as it smelled. A natural sweetness laced with hints of craisins and cinnamon, followed by a tobacco sweetness. I lit it up and immediately noticed it had a large volume of smoke and a peppery sting that hit me directly in the throat. The sweetness was overwhelmed by the pepper on my tongue and throat, I hope this subsides a bit so I can taste my dinner tonight. I notice the ash already starting to flake before it burns it way up to the bulb.

The first third revealed a possible rolling issue with the ash falling off easily when I bumped it picking up my pencil, which I'm attributing to the weird shape and size. It tastes very fresh and the glass of water I'm drinking with it isn't going to be enough to counteract the buzz that's starting. I replaced the water with a Cherry Coke, and I have high hopes that I'll make it through the stick with less of the nicotine being a problem for me. WRONG! I'm still spinning! The burn is fairly even and consistent, but it wavers from time to time in different spots. I'm already noticing a build up of tar at the head of the cigar, I'm not sure if this is helping kick my ass, but one way or another I'm being beaten like a red headed step child.

The second third is similar to the first is respects to the pepper and tobacco sweetness, but it's changed enough where I can detect hints of wood and toasted nuts, possibly almond. Still buzzing despite the cola I'm drinking, I stop for a couple of minutes and grab some granola to munch on. Phew, this is a strong little bastard. When I resumed smoking I realized it was going out, so I tapped off the ash which is about an inch from the band and clipped off the tar saturated tip. Upon the relight and a purge there is a noticeable difference in taste, a hint of stale smoke quickly dissipates when the smoke starts pouring through the cigar again. There is that peppery taste I'm used to, followed by hints of nuts and earth.

On the last third I remove the band and continue my previous spinning. The cigar got hot with every couple of puffs, so I let it rest as much as possible between draws and a few times it began going out, so a quick dumping of the ash and relighting was necessary. I gave up on this stick when the dogs began to notice I was feeling a little under the weather. This was one strong cigar, cola and snacks did little to help the nicotine buzz, this is definitely not a breakfast cigar by any means. I should have eaten something heavier before diving into this cigar, but I know for next time. Now I need to go take a cold shower and drink some simple syrup, I will return soon.

100_2944_zps7292dd13.jpg

100_2950_zps5625c8cf.jpg

100_2951_zps599cbd73.jpg
100_2953_zps476bf475.jpg

100_2955_zps746344a1.jpg

100_2957_zps2376b640.jpg

100_2958_zps62d77ac1.jpg

100_2959_zps91d58c3e.jpg

100_2960_zps4e2e6d96.jpg

100_2961_zps845ec72a.jpg

Congratulation on your news!

Thanks for the review.

Now thats a great news CJ ! 

Nice review my friend.

It looks like tar forming in the third to the last photo. Not unusual with Opus. Perhaps that's why you got sick?

Doc

Congrats on the healing process!

BTW - That is some REALLY nice handwriting you have there.  Did you girl write it for you?  :laugh:

Congrats on healing, maybe next time we visit shotguns you won't be dressed like the girls.

Nice review!

Congrats on your healing, nice review! This smoke is obviously one you don't F@$K with.

C

Nice review. You have very feminine handwriting.  :whistling:

Congrats on the healing process brother, glad to hear it!!

Great review... that is some purdy handwriting there, I hope it was your girls.  :laugh:

Congrats on your health! Great review, I'll have to plan ahead before I burn through one of those.

Joebunaga said:
Congrats on your health! Great review, I'll have to plan ahead before I burn through one of those.

That's what I was thinking then I realized I don't have one nor can I afford one.... You can buy a box of cigars for the price of one of those...lol

I guess having legible handwriting is unmanly. ;) That is my hand writing indeed.

Doc, I believe the tar had a hand in making me ill, but it's hard to say because I was feeling from the get go.

Nah... Not unmanly brother. We've just never seen such a thing!!

How'd I do guys??  :whistling: