• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Opus X Lost City Lancero

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
Well good morning Ladies and Gentlemen!
I just got the cigar bug again after taking a couple years off. No I didn't give up smoking ... I just took a break from cigar sites and purchases. I ran out of room and well... my family life took an unexpected fast tract to sub par. I'm not gonna bore you with details. Anyway! I just got a 5 pack of these on CB for $88 bucks. I was prompted to bid on them when I saw the sticker price on these hallmark cigars. So doing this in reverse... looking for what others have experienced when puffing on them. I'm hoping they aren't as bland as some people have already described. I'm thinking they might be since I won them so cheap. I say cheap because the MRP is almost $30 a stick! Any way... if anyone would care to share their personal experience ... I'm eagar to read your opinion. Thanks in advance. Ohhh and it's nice to be back in the old neighborhood.

PS... for all my BOtL that are in the LEAF FUND... we will be disolving it and getting cigars with our "LOSSES" ... LMAO. Freakin' Stock Market. I couldn't have picked a worse time to have had that brilliant idea! :) Details will be posted in the near future on the LEAF FUND thread.

The Forbidden X Lost City Lancero is one of the best Opus X blends, period. Something about the ratio of binder/filler and wrapper in the lancero make it one of the richest, most complex and ultimately enjoyable smoking experience in the Opus X or Forbidden X lines. The only way to get better than that, IMHO, is to smoke one with an extra 5-6 years of age on it.

The Lost City robusto is one of the best cigars I've EVER smoked (and I smoked several boxes of them just to be sure, lol) and just an incredible experience. Hands down my favorite of the Lost City line, with the pyramide coming in second.

I'm not a fan of lanceros in general, but as I recall, the Lost City one was pretty intense. They just don't suit my smoking style.

~Boar

The Lost City Lancero and Love Affair vitolas are just regular OpusX blend, NOT the Lost City blend.

I thought it was ultimately determined that the original black banded lost city lanceros were the lost city blend and the red banded (in either lancero or love story vitola) were not.

I thought it was ultimately determined that the original black banded lost city lanceros were the lost city blend and the red banded (in either lancero or love story vitola) were not.

I believe you're right Phil.

I confirmed back in 2009 the Lost City Lanceros DO have the black bands, but are NOT the Lost City blends, they are the regular Opus Blend...Apparently, there was a "screwup" at the factory...

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.php?t=227198&highlight=lost+city+lancero

I suppose that could have changed since then, I have an email out.

Interesting info. Good to know. Thanks Brooks. Would be interested to find out what you hear in response to your email.

As much as I love me some Opus, I was completely underwhelmed with the Opus X Lost CIty lances, so I sold them off to someone who would appreciate it more...

We've received boxes of Lost City Lancero's with the black bands and some with the standard OpusX red band. According to everyone I've spoken to at Prometheus both the red and black banded Lancero's are the regular OpusX blend. It makes me wonder why they continually release Lost City OpusX Lancero's in "Lost City OpusX" boxes. I guess there is a chance they did roll some Lancero's with the Lost City tobaccos. Hopefully Brooks will get a response.

Eric

Thanks for your input as always, Eric!

I confirmed back in 2009 the Lost City Lanceros DO have the black bands, but are NOT the Lost City blends, they are the regular Opus Blend...Apparently, there was a "screwup" at the factory...

http://lounge.cigarf...st city lancero

I suppose that could have changed since then, I have an email out.

Sooooo...does that mean that all newer than that date are a different blend?

This is what I got from JCL when I mentioned the LCL's are just Opus :
"Correct except it has a wrapper that was grown out of season specifically for a video that was being made. So it is a little different than a typical opus lancero wrapper."

This is a great thread. Ihave been loving the new LCL and I had no idea that they were actually the regular opus blend.